quick question about jb recovery

smmfc

Reaction score
My phone has been lagging in apps lately and I wanted to just go into recovery and clear cache. I get to the android guy laying around but for some reason I can't get past that onto recovery. Is there a new way for jb to get to recovery?

Krenzy

Reaction score
It is performed the same way as on ICS. I've had many issues getting coast the triage droid screen, but found that if I temp unroot it usually let's me. Otherwise, push the volume buttons extremely briefly and see if that works.

OP
smmfc

smmfc

Reaction score
I'll try again but I'm not rooted either so it used to just go right too it no problem

CamoMike

Reaction score
My phone has been lagging in apps lately and I wanted to just go into recovery and clear cache. I get to the android guy laying around but for some reason I can't get past that onto recovery. Is there a new way for jb to get to recovery?

Recovery is recovery, never changes. Reboot phone, hold both volume buttons, select recovery. Once you see Android laid out with his chest open hold both volume buttons until the menu appears.

MCCCCCRAZY

Reaction score
I'm having the same exact problem as the first poster. FWIW I'm also unrooted running stock JB 4.1.2.

If anyone could help, that would be great. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
smmfc

smmfc

Reaction score
I tried holding the buttons down for a long time and I've tried quick pushes and I've tried all combos I can think of..... its weird I can't seem to get passed the android triage

CamoMike

Reaction score
I tried holding the buttons down for a long time and I've tried quick pushes and I've tried all combos I can think of..... its weird I can't seem to get passed the android triage

Force reboot by holding power & volume down. When you see the screen flash release the buttons and immediately hold volume up & volume down. You will now be in fastboot mode. Select recovery mode. Once droid is on his back with his chest open hold volume up & volume down...

Once you get there, follow this - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ricked-after-reverting-jelly-bean-update.html