Questions on changing devices

jayman350

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking for some info from people who have upgraded to a different device than the one that they originally purchased, or for people who just know this stuff.

Both of my brothers have the D2. Neither of them are very tech savvy, so rooting, bootstrapping, etc. are not an option for them. Both of them HATE their D2s. They get laggy, lock up, soft reboots, battery door won't stay on, etc, etc. They are ready to jump ship and get an iphone.

A verizon rep told one of them, that if they were to purchase a different android device he would have to re-purchase all of his apps and then send a request for them to refund the purchase price of the new apps for the new phone. The request (according to them) would have to be a list of everything that was purchased on the first phone, as well as a list of the apps downloaded to the new phone.

That just doesn't sound right to me. I've gotten a couple different replacement DROIDs and they all restore my purchased apps without any issues. Is this different when you have a different device than the one you originally made the purchases with? What about if you own 2 android devices, like a tablet and a phone?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Utter crap. I have a D1 and my purchased apps immediately showed up upon logging in to a Xoom and a DINC.
How can a VZW guy not know this?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
A verizon rep told one of them, that if they were to purchase a different android device he would have to re-purchase all of his apps and then send a request for them to refund the purchase price of the new apps for the new phone. The request (according to them) would have to be a list of everything that was purchased on the first phone, as well as a list of the apps downloaded to the new phone.

The rep needs to be fired....The apps follow the gmail account. And you'll never get a refund on any app after the 15min grace period. (there has been exceptions, but that varies by dev)

OP
jayman350

jayman350

Reaction score
ok thats exactly what I thought, everything is linked to the google account regardless of device.

thanks for the quick responses, now to convince my brothers to look at other android devices instead of the outdated iphone4.