Questions for those that have rooted

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is it worth doing if all I really want is live wallpapers?

It depends how bad you want them:)

It does not go bad. It does sometimes take longer than expected and sometimes you need to cry out for help. In the end it always works out. brain surgery it aint:)

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Would Droidmod allow me to tether if I only have the $30 data plan?

If it includes wifi tethering then yes. If it does not you can easily install it afterwards, just like any non-market app.

Now...if you torrent every movie in site someone might catch you at it but it does let you tether.

Chatchie

Reaction score
I just did the droidmod tonight. I have zero experiance with rooting. I am now enjoying all the 2.1 goodness and YES the live wallpapers are worth it. The LIVE EARTH wallpaper (through the market) is awesome.

Just do it. Its almost idiot proof.

By the way, where would I go to donate for the droidmod?

MrKleen

Reaction score
([How To] Easily install Bugless Beast using only SPRecovery, Terminal Emulator, & zip)

The reason I chose this over DroidMod is that I know what I did and I did it myself. Simple, easy to follow instructions that don't leave you wondering what you've done.

Also new Bugless Beast version 1.1 is very nice. Check it out.

At the very least take a look at this along with whatever other option you are interested in. You will learn something, and in the end it will help you make good choices.

OP
JESSLYMK

JESSLYMK

Reaction score
I just did the droidmod tonight. I have zero experiance with rooting. I am now enjoying all the 2.1 goodness and YES the live wallpapers are worth it. The LIVE EARTH wallpaper (through the market) is awesome.

Just do it. Its almost idiot proof.

By the way, where would I go to donate for the droidmod?

I did thanks ! I think it's a good place to start, but later on I may want more access.

Did you install the Launcher? I tried but got a different launcher than he had. So I took it off.

Problem now is trying to decide if I want to keep the stock keyboard or go back to swype. Do I want to talk or slide LOL

I was wondering the same thing about donating. So i did quick Google search and here is their site but I still could not find a link to donate.
DroidMod - Everything Droid doesn't, DroidMod does.