Questions about the update

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanwelks

Reaction score
I just got the update and was under the impression it would have additional home screens and would also show the new animation of apps scaling down into the top part of the screen as you go through all of the extra apps that are not on your homescreens. It does not do either for me. Is there a way to enable this?

Thanks.

JCo352

Reaction score
Nope, you can either get an unstable apk of the nexus1 launcher, or get the next best thing, which is the Helix Launcher out of the market for free, and a lot more stable.

BravoKilo

Reaction score
Nope, you can either get an unstable apk of the nexus1 launcher, or get the next best thing, which is the Helix Launcher out of the market for free, and a lot more stable.

+1 for Helix.

I ran through all the other home replacements back on 2.01 (GDE, Home++, Panda, etc.) and all had stability and speed issues. Have yet to have a single FC with Helix and apps load just as quickly as the stock home. Not sure if it's better programming for Helix, or help from the 2.1 update, but it runs perfectly

jscotti

Reaction score
I've been using Home++ for quite some time with good success. It gives you up to 7 screens to fill with your favorite apps.... I haven't tried Helix yet, since I've been happy with Home++ & even got my wife to use it on her Droid.

Status
Not open for further replies.