Questions about the BIONIC

cece5702

Reaction score
I may purchase the Bionic or Razr in January 2012. I need some help in finding out more information about the BIONIC from those who actually have one on hand!

Hows the battery life on the Bionic ?
How is the speed on the Bionic?
If you are in a 4G area, how is the coverage?
If you are not in a 4G area, how is the coverage
Overall performance?

Thanks for your help :)

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
The battery is better than others but best when calibrated appropriately... and unlike the Razr, if needed to be replaced for lack of a charging option... it can be.
4g is awesome and when its available it is blazing fast but does place a higher demand on the battery.
Until the forthcoming patch fixes the 3g issues, periodic resets are needed. I have no issues with the screen being pentile where some do.
I wouldnt trade my bionic for any other device, well until the bionic2 surfaces, lol ...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hows the battery life on the Bionic ?

relative to other 4G devices on Verizon, it's great... Razr will be similar (similar OS, same (or close?) battery)... but you can use an extra or extended battery with the Bionic - not happening with the Razr

How is the speed on the Bionic?

awesome - fastest/snappiest phone I've used... but the Razr will be the same

If you are in a 4G area, how is the coverage?

great... until it's not - but honestly all the LTE phones have had similar issues up front

If you are not in a 4G area, how is the coverage

n/a for me

Overall performance?

besides the camera (just so-so, typical Motorola) and LTE issues (again, not all the phone's fault), it's awesome...

Thanks for your help :)

Unfortunately, I don't think any of your questions will really help differentiate the Bionic and Razr, except maybe the battery.

jayman350

Reaction score
I echo everything that jntdroid said above. If you are waiting until January to get your new phone, why are you limiting your choices to the Bionic and RAZR? The Nexus looks like it will be pretty awesome, AND will be a developer phone with Ice Cream Sandwich.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Great battery
4 g coverage is great.. I get it in places I don't even get 3g with this or any phone
10-25mbps download speeds
Phone runs flawless.. all transitions are smooth

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Okay, I was not aware of Nexus. Of course in January I will weigh my options again based on whats available at that time.
I echo everything that jntdroid said above. If you are waiting until January to get your new phone, why are you limiting your choices to the Bionic and RAZR? The Nexus looks like it will be pretty awesome, AND will be a developer phone with Ice Cream Sandwich.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Sounds like you have'nt experienced any problems at all. Thats good to hear. :)
Great battery
4 g coverage is great.. I get it in places I don't even get 3g with this or any phone
10-25mbps download speeds
Phone runs flawless.. all transitions are smooth

7779311mm

Reaction score
Cannot Install Mot Composite ADB Interface in order to root DROID BIONIC ICS v4.0.4

[h=2]Hi,

I'm running Win 7 Ultimate x64 (fully updated). My phone is DROID BIONIC ICS v4.0.4. I've tried all suggested methods (re-installed the Motorola Device Manager 5 times) to get Mot Composite ADB Interface to install. Would you kindly suggest another way to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.
[/h]