Question on Wired Tether..

blaten22

Reaction score
I have a rooted Droid that is up to date, and its a CDMA version.

I have it rooted with both wireless, and wired tethered installed. The wireless one works flawlessly. I'm curious if anyone has gotten the wired one to work? It installed, but Windows 7 Won't connect to it, unless I go threw the settings menu that came with the phone, and manually click on usb tethering to enable it to work. I suspect this is wrong to do, because when I go threw the wireless version for the wife's laptop...I don't have to do that.

It has to be something stupid I'm over looking. Its a stock rom, I don't plan on flashing until Eclipse is ready. I have though already started getting ready buy installing Titanium Backup, Safe Strap, and other things. I'm only doing this for a few to view some websites while the misses is on the laptop. The computer in question is a PC desktop, drivers are installed, at least from the rooting process.

Thanks guys in advance.

SlickMcVega

Reaction score
I have been holding off using a razr because I didn't know if it was possible to use a wireless tether app without a custom kernel after rooting. I will definitely be getting 1 now, which wireless tether app do you use?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I have a rooted Droid that is up to date, and its a CDMA version.

I have it rooted with both wireless, and wired tethered installed. The wireless one works flawlessly. I'm curious if anyone has gotten the wired one to work? It installed, but Windows 7 Won't connect to it, unless I go threw the settings menu that came with the phone, and manually click on usb tethering to enable it to work. I suspect this is wrong to do, because when I go threw the wireless version for the wife's laptop...I don't have to do that.

It has to be something stupid I'm over looking. Its a stock rom, I don't plan on flashing until Eclipse is ready. I have though already started getting ready buy installing Titanium Backup, Safe Strap, and other things. I'm only doing this for a few to view some websites while the misses is on the laptop. The computer in question is a PC desktop, drivers are installed, at least from the rooting process.

Thanks guys in advance.

I believe from recollection that the process you describe is normal. Manual triggering of the USB tether is the only way the phone can know what you want it to do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

doomangiger

Reaction score
I have been holding off using a razr because I didn't know if it was possible to use a wireless tether app without a custom kernel after rooting. I will definitely be getting 1 now, which wireless tether app do you use?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I use the wireless tether from google's hosting project and it works perfectly every time. Those ones on the market are not reliable at all

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums