Question On Updating Apps & Upcoming ICS Update

Robotics

Reaction score
There are several apps. I haven't updated since I have had my Razr. These apps are the bloatware that came with the phone, and I never plan on using them.

My question is...do you think I should get these all updated before the ICS update comes? I am thinking there may be conflicts if I dont update all this bloat ware.

Also noticed this morning I have 19 updates to do now. (was 6 yesterday)...Are they getting ready to push out ICS so they are getting these updates out before the OS update?

Hope all that made sense.

Suggestions please....

Thanks

Concistency

Reaction score
The app updates does not relate to any software updates. ICS isn't coming out yet, you can always get the leaked version from the new sideload method. Even if the apps were not updated, it won't effect the update process. You should just do the updates, I don't see why not, it just gets annoying seeing "updates available". Or just root, then freeze them all, lol.

OP
Robotics

Robotics

Reaction score
Guess I will go ahead and update all this stuff that I would rather not have on my phone. (if that doesn't make sense I don't know what does, lol) Probably would gum stuff up if I didn't anyway, the more that I think of it.

I am not into rooting. I am happy the way things are with these phones :)

Concistency

Reaction score
Guess I will go ahead and update all this stuff that I would rather not have on my phone. (if that doesn't make sense I don't know what does, lol) Probably would gum stuff up if I didn't anyway, the more that I think of it.

I am not into rooting. I am happy the way things are with these phones :)

If you root (not installing ROM's) you would at least be able to get rid of that bloat you don't like :D