Question for those who have rooted the S5

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Okay so I rooted my S5 using towelroot and then I installed X-posed. I am now having troubles with waking up my screen or making it go to sleep. I have a feeling something went wrong during the install of X-posed. My question (only because this is so different from any other root I have done) since X-posed alters the firmware how can I uninstall it without loosing root. Or what should I be doing differently.

Thanks.

D

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Xposed can be uninstalled within the app ..did you check to see if you're on latest version ? Also are you running any modules ?

2.6.1 seems to be latest

M8 tap'd

OP
dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Xposed can be uninstalled within the app ..did you check to see if you're on latest version ? Also are you running any modules ?

2.6.1 seems to be latest

M8 tap'd

I am on the latest version. I installed two modules but when this started I uninstalled the modules and restarted my phone in hopes to stop this. But that did not help. I do not have S Voice on it is deactive so I am left to believe something went wrong with X-posed.

Thanks for the reply and assistance.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I am on the latest version. I installed two modules but when this started I uninstalled the modules and restarted my phone in hopes to stop this. But that did not help. I do not have S Voice on it is deactive so I am left to believe something went wrong with X-posed.

Thanks for the reply and assistance.

I would definitely uninstall Xposed first ...then clear cache and dalvik in recovery and boot up ...see if you have same issue ..and work from there with Xposed

M8 tap'd

OP
dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So X-posed was the culprit. I uninstalled it and rebooted. 2 1/2 hours now with no heat issues and no troubles waking up my screen or getting it to go to sleep. Thank god its fixed. Been a frustrating 24 hours

Thank you all for the help.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
It's not necessarily "needed", there are simply a few mods that Xposed offers to make life easier. It's one of those love/hate things though....it either works great for you, or you end up having problems like rose. (& I did when I tried using it on my S3)

tap'n on my S5

bigmatt503

Reaction score
Rooted Verizon s5 here with exposed and about 5 modules and no problems at this point. (it's only been a couple of weeks)

Sent from my rooted Verizon galaxy s5

Reactions: cr6