Question for Engineer

DROID11

Reaction score
On an old thread on this forum, a user named engineer with some numbers in the handle said something to the effect that the bionic has something iphone users would love. What was that something?

anuraj1

Reaction score
Hmm, I'd like to know the same. He definitely said that in his thread. Thanks for remembering!

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's Engineer_900... according to his member page, he was on this morning, but he hasn't posted since 8/12... still wondering why he got so quiet suddenly...

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is the post you are referring to... so it's something the iphone has, not something it wishes it had...

Only thing I can think of is battery life. He said it wasnt screen related. Someone mentioned hardware acceleration. Anandtech mentioned that reviewing the Droid 3...might be a smoother UI? I'm curious as hell now...lol

There are threads in different forums about how come Android isnt using it. The custom UI's all might be using it now tho. Sense UI and Touchwiz uses it, the Bionic and Droid 3 might. Samsung uses gpu acceleration in the browser too, according to Anandtech.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Only thing I can think of is battery life. He said it wasnt screen related. Someone mentioned hardware acceleration. Anandtech mentioned that reviewing the Droid 3...might be a smoother UI? I'm curious as hell now...lol

FFC?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think we already knew it was gonna have a FFC. Engineering was referring to something we didnt already know.

anuraj1

Reaction score
I was hoping it was hardware acceleration.