Question about the display and screen-protector?

Cyber.Logic

Reaction score
Hi, I just bought a DROID 4 from eBay and might get it in a few days. My question is, does it come with a screen-protector on it like most phones? A friend told me that Motorola doesn't put screen-protectors on a lot of its phone and that they need to be purchased separately.

The phone looks exactly like in the photo attached below. It still has the original sticker and everything on the display. But will I find a screen-protector under that?

View attachment 68383

Also, I'm aware that the phone has a PenTile display and has received plenty of negative reviews/bashing in that aspect, but is it THAT bad? I bought the phone because like most of you, I'm a fan of QWERTY. But the display can't be that horrible, can it? My previous phones have been a Nokia C6-00, and a Huawei Ascend Y300, lol, and I've never used a SUPER AMOLED display anyway. But I hope the Droid 4 display is at least acceptable.

Thanks.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Nope..no screen protector under the factory sticker. I recommend something like the military shield or zagg HD...or there are tons of hard plastic protectors on amazon that are cheap...good luck and welcome to df

As far as the display...not bad at all...outside its a bit bleached by the sun unless on full bright...but no worse than an amoled...

Last edited:

ricpdjrr

Reaction score
I have had my droid 4 for almost 2 years and work Outdoors in construction and do not use any screen protector. The gorilla glass is very tough.. I do not have any scratches on the screen. You will like the feel of the screen much better without a protector. Just My humble opinion..... BTW just to let you know how much the phone is used I have worn off 5 of my keys so they are not readable any more.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

OP
C

Cyber.Logic

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, guys.

I bought the phone for $159 on a good deal... quite a steal, but I'm worried about how much duty Indian Customs is going to charge me for it when it gets here... >.>

Yeah, I was hoping the display was decent enough, I've just read soooo many reviews (and comments from Bionic fans) about how the display is "absolutely horrible," so I was somewhat bothered. There just aren't many Android QWERTY phones (with good hardware) available apart from the D4 and Photon Q - and the latter requires a hardware SIM module mod to make it functional outside the US, while the Droid 4 just needs an update to ICS to get unlocked. SO this phone seemed like the best option.

Nope..no screen protector under the factory sticker. I recommend something like the military shield or zagg HD...or there are tons of hard plastic protectors on amazon that are cheap...good luck and welcome to df

Can you link me to one of those? I'll try to see if I can buy one in India.