Question about rooting the X2

sevenwords

Reaction score
I have some experience rooting, but have a question about rooting the X2. My primary reason for rooting is for functionality. I want to freeze the bloat and maybe try the supercharger, but I'm concerned about receiving the OTA updates. Is it as simple as unfreezing the bloat and un-rooting via Gingerbreak when I hear updates are rolling out or are there any additional steps? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
sevenwords

sevenwords

Reaction score
Thank you wildcard. What about the supercharger though, is there anything special that needs to be done when removing it? Thanks again.

Edit: just saw nlines response. As far as unsupercharging, do I just delete the files?

Reaction score
Thank you wildcard. What about the supercharger though, is there anything special that needs to be done when removing it? Thanks again.

Edit: just saw nlines response. As far as unsupercharging, do I just delete the files?

Run the script again. Option 13 or 14, I forget which, is labeled UN SUPERCHARGE. That will remove it and undo all of it's changes.

OP
sevenwords

sevenwords

Reaction score
Thank you both for your help, I will be doing this tonight.

Reaction score
Thank you both for your help, I will be doing this tonight.

Why? There is no update yet for the Droid X2 and even if there IS an update you may not want to install it. An update may not allow you to root. If I lose root I have 3 applications that I will not be able to use. I will lose the ability to remove or freeze apps or run supercharge. Just some things to think about.

OP
sevenwords

sevenwords

Reaction score
This phone has more bloat than Kirstie Alley at an all you can eat buffet is why. I have a few apps installed and I already have less than 60mb free ram left. I notice a little lag and just want it running smooth. I can revert back and deal with it if an OTA comes out.

Reaction score
This phone has more bloat than Kirstie Alley at an all you can eat buffet is why. I have a few apps installed and I already have less than 60mb free ram left. I notice a little lag and just want it running smooth. I can revert back and deal with it if an OTA comes out.

Sorry I misunderstood you. In your last post you sounded like you were about to UNROOT your phone ASAP. Yes you want to root, freeze, and supercharge. dancedroid

OP
sevenwords

sevenwords

Reaction score
Yes, I want to root now, and unroot if an OTA update comes through. I don't have any apps that require root other than TB, SetCPU, and a couple others I can live without.

infinity8x3

Reaction score
Last edited: