question about pictures

amber7287

Reaction score
I was told that I can add pics onto my gmail account and then sync them to my droid. How do I do that? I can't figure out how to add pics onto gmail let alone sync anything from there to my phone!

Also, every pic I take with my phone is so sensitive that most are blurry with the slightest movement. Is there a way for it to take a pic what won't be as blurry?

Thanks!
Amber:heart:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Goto contacts>>Select User>>Menu>>Edit Then tap the image with the little plus on it and it will ask where/what picture you want to use. Then you will have a change to crop it.

Not sure what your talking about with the blurry pics? Can you explain a bit more?

OP
A

amber7287

Reaction score
I think I didn't describe either question well enough. sorry. lol I have a SD card from my old phone that has a ton (600 or so) pics on it. When I bought my droid they said I could put those pics on my computer and then save them onto my gmail account so that it would sync them onto my phone. I haven't been able to figure out how to do that.

And the blurry pics.. When I take a pic of someone if I do not hold my hand totally still (which is hard because for some reason I'm a little shaky) the pic is all distorted. I took a pic of my bf and I and we look like weird cone heads because I moved a little bit! lol

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
There is no need to sync the pic to your phone if there are on the sdcard.

There are several camera apps in the market that take better pics. I use Pro 5x ($1.99 I think) but some are free.

Are you stock or rooted and running a custom rom?

OP
A

amber7287

Reaction score
Can I put the pics from the one SD card onto my new SD card?

I just downloaded a different camera from the market. I think it's a little better but I might search for a different one.

Thank you!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Can I put the pics from the one SD card onto my new SD card?

Sure, Connect you phone tot he PC with the USB cable, Mount the SDcard.
Copy the pics to your PC, unmount card, power off phone, switch cards, Do it all over and copy them back.....

OP
A

amber7287

Reaction score
I got the pics onto the computer, how do I save them back onto my phone? I thought I saved them but it doesn't show them under gallery. Is there somewhere else they would have been saved to?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
And the blurry pics.. When I take a pic of someone if I do not hold my hand totally still (which is hard because for some reason I'm a little shaky) the pic is all distorted. I took a pic of my bf and I and we look like weird cone heads because I moved a little bit! lol
Not much you can do here other than shoot in brighter lighting so that the shutter speed is faster and blurring is reduced. The Droid's camera just doesn't do that well unless there's a lot of light.

I got the pics onto the computer, how do I save them back onto my phone? I thought I saved them but it doesn't show them under gallery. Is there somewhere else they would have been saved to?
Mount the card that you copied to and verify that the files are there. You can check without mounting if you have a file manager such as Astro.

Sometimes the Gallery doesn't update right away. I've never had this issue but others have.

GrillMouster

Reaction score
I was told that I can add pics onto my gmail account and then sync them to my droid. How do I do that? I can't figure out how to add pics onto gmail let alone sync anything from there to my phone!

You add pics to your Picasa account (Picasa is part of Google, and is linked to your Google account). Your Picasa images are available in the Gallery app. I know this is the case with 2.2, don't remember if it worked with 2.1. However, even if it's not in the 2.1 Gallery, you can go to Picasa from the browser.

Also, every pic I take with my phone is so sensitive that most are blurry with the slightest movement. Is there a way for it to take a pic what won't be as blurry?

In low light the camera's shutter speed drops to get decent exposure. Slow shutter speed means that moving subjects will be blurry and camera shake from you holding the camera can cause blur. Practice standing still, leaning on a wall or something steady. Hold your breath while you press the shutter release button. Don't jab at the button, hold it down with a steady motion. Hold the camera in as close to your body as possible with elbows tucked in (don't hold the camera with arms outstretched in front of you). All of this is basic photography 101, and applies to every camera or cameraphone.

Also, the camera lens is exposed on cameraphones and can easily collect grime. Wipe it down before taking a picture.

OP
A

amber7287

Reaction score
thanks so much for everyone's replies! :) They were helpful!:icon_ banana: