Question about new droids

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey, this question is aimed at anyone who very recently (few days) or vzw employees. Are the droids in box already updated to 2.1? Know someone who might get one, asking for root reasons (rather not go through RSD)

nateccnn

Reaction score
Those of yo who got one recently with 2.1 already on it...did the Vz sales rep set the phone up for you or did you have to do the intial set up yourself? Reason I ask is a friend got one and I told him to tell the rep he wanted a sealed box and he would set it up himself. I'm wondering if he willk get one with 2.0.1 on it. I suspect the sales rep, as part of the set up process, is running the update before he hands you the phone. Crossing fingers I'm right. Hopefully he gets his phone today and I'll know.

Nate

Travis798

Reaction score
Those of yo who got one recently with 2.1 already on it...did the Vz sales rep set the phone up for you or did you have to do the intial set up yourself? Reason I ask is a friend got one and I told him to tell the rep he wanted a sealed box and he would set it up himself. I'm wondering if he willk get one with 2.0.1 on it. I suspect the sales rep, as part of the set up process, is running the update before he hands you the phone. Crossing fingers I'm right. Hopefully he gets his phone today and I'll know.

Nate

My nearest store is an hour drive so I ordered mine over the phone, so I can't really help you there.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Nate

My nearest store is an hour drive so I ordered mine over the phone, so I can't really help you there.

Well, if it was in a sealed box that means it came with 2.1.

Travis798

Reaction score
Lol well it was in a box but I ripped into it so fast I can't say for sure that it was sealed...

Sequence of events.

1. Take box from Fedex delivery guy.
2. Do a little dance while walking back in the door while singing "I got my droidddd I got my drooiiiddddd.
3. Rip everything open as fast as humanly possible so I could get that baby on the charger and start playing with it.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Nate

Poor vzw rep; and he thought he was helping. I can see the customer now thinking all the things he gonna do with his rooted phone for the vzw rep to hand him it and saying "I even took the liberty of updating it for you"

And the customers excitement changing to disappointment.

dolfanpete

Reaction score
Lol well it was in a box but I ripped into it so fast I can't say for sure that it was sealed...

Sequence of events.

1. Take box from Fedex delivery guy.
2. Do a little dance while walking back in the door while singing "I got my droidddd I got my drooiiiddddd.
3. Rip everything open as fast as humanly possible so I could get that baby on the charger and start playing with it.
this is exactly what i did. then i kept throwing it in my kids and wifes faces by saying "droiiid" all day long this was april 22.....i havent put it down since. cant stop playing with it.

jhom

Reaction score
I had to exchange for a new one today. It didn't have the 2.1 update. I had to do it on my own. This is my 3rd one. Hopefully, the 3rd time is a charm.