Question about Moto Droid Rebate

ziggy523

Reaction score
Hello!! I was wondering if someone can please help me with this. My husband ans I just got our first Smartphone, the Moto Droid, and we are still in our 30 day return/exchange. We have been thinking about exchanging it for the Incrediable but we already sent in the 2 $100 rebates. Since we did that, we were not sure if we would be able to exchange the 2 Moto Droids for the Incrediable because we had to cut off the upc codes from the boxes. Are we able to still exchange the phones if we decide to without the boxes? Thank You in advance for your responces.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
It shouldn't be a problem, though it may complicate the paperwork a bit. Your rebate will come in the form of a visa debit card so VZW should be able to deauthorize the rebate card. (Assuming, of course, you don't spend the money before trading in your Droids.)

On the other hand, I do recall that the salesperson at the Verizon store cautioned me not to send in the material for the rebate until close to the end of my 30 day return period. I suspect that was simply because he had seen instances where problems arose.

Finally, if you made copies of your receipts you'll be in a stronger position to deal with any complications. Good practice in cases where you have to send in originals.