Question about icons on home screen

fitchick1961

Reaction score
Today i downloaded something and have a small black circle at top with green down arrow at top of my phone on small banner that runs across top, how do i get rid of this, thanks

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Open the app that you downloaded and check the notifications to see if you can find a setting to remove the notification from the bar

Sorry I believe I misread

You have an icon on a home screen. Do a long press and move to the trash or uninstall the app

OP
F

fitchick1961

Reaction score
no you read correctly and i have tried that numerous times, i have 4 black circles with green downward pointing arrows, i downloaded my schedule into quick office, i went in there and deleted the documents, i went into downloads and deleted them, I went onto the sd card and deleted them I still have these damn icons halfway across the top any suggestions i have turned the phone on and off again.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry, other that some notification setting I have no other suggestions. Are you able to scroll the notification bar down and clear them?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wonder the same - what happens when you drag the notification panel down ?

Meffy

Reaction score
Sounds like you have download icons in the notification bar. When you drag the bar down you should be able to click a Clear button to reset it.

OP
F

fitchick1961

Reaction score
thank you

Yes that was exactly it, i figured it out other day, thank you vm for your reply:)