Qualcomm Toq Smartwatch Available for Pre-Order

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
toq_preorder.png

Today Qualcomm announced that their Toq Smartwatch is officially available for pre-order from their Toq Store with a $350.00 price tag attached to it. Available in black and white the Toq will ship in 1-3 weeks with the charges to your Credit card only taking place after the smartwatch has shipped. The Toq SmartWatch is compatible with most Android powered handsets, so you don't have to worry about compatibly issues.

If you are interested you can head on over to the Toq Store and reserve yours today.

We've yet to see a high demand for wearables (Galaxy Gear) and perhaps with some pricing changes that could all change. What say you? Are these SmartWatches priced at a level you'd expect, or should they be dropped to a sub $300.00 price point?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well, this may not be the popular answer, but I feel they should totally fall in price in a rapid descent. The components are very inexpensive, and they will become outdated in literally months if not less given how inexpensive they are to manufacture. They shouldn't be more than $100. Watches are falling out of favor and really, unless you want BLING, you don't spend more than $20 and get a watch that is accurate to within a split second per year.

I would buy one at $100, but certainly not at anywhere near $300. People fret about a phone that costs $700 and yet manufacturers are pitching $350 watches. I don't know how it can be successful at that price-point.

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
It looks pretty cool. I tried the galaxy watch but it was too big for my wrists.

JArmandB

Reaction score
Do u like it? I kinda want the Galaxy Gear. I didnt get it for two reasons...

1. Rly big.
2. Im broke. haha

I like the e-ink display, the battery lasts almost all week (as opposed to only 10 hours for the Gear).
I get my notifications, if I want to read the email or text, I use my phone. I see no need to spend so much money on a phone to then stare at your wrist all day. Plus I can leave my phone on silent at work and not miss anything.
The size is a little large, but o larger than some of the chunky watches out there.
For only $150 it is no more expensive than most watches, I couldn't justify spending more though.

Is it perfect, no. But I figure that's the price to pay for essentially getting in on the ground floor. It's not for everyone, but it is for me.

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
I like the e-ink display, the battery lasts almost all week (as opposed to only 10 hours for the Gear).
I get my notifications, if I want to read the email or text, I use my phone. I see no need to spend so much money on a phone to then stare at your wrist all day. Plus I can leave my phone on silent at work and not miss anything.
The size is a little large, but o larger than some of the chunky watches out there.
For only $150 it is no more expensive than most watches, I couldn't justify spending more though.

Is it perfect, no. But I figure that's the price to pay for essentially getting in on the ground floor. It's not for everyone, but it is for me.

Thanks for the info. It also doesn't match my outfits. lol

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well, this may not be the popular answer, but I feel they should totally fall in price in a rapid descent.

Going to have to agree with you on that one. $100 is my price point for any of these watches. If the GG dropped to $100 I would run out right now and buy one for sure, till then the expense can't be justified.

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
Going to have to agree with you on that one. $100 is my price point for any of these watches. If the GG dropped to $100 I would run out right now and buy one for sure, till then the expense can't be justified.

Lets get a pool going. We will each give $100 and take turns wearing it every three days! :p

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it looked like a watch but the watch dial flipped out to reveal a screen and underneath it a touch screen, or physical, keyboard (think flip watch instead of flip phone) I think it would attract more interest at the prices they're asking. The outside display on my old LG enV1 would make a nice sized watch that wouldn't be too blingy for many. The current stuff just needs the little tv antenna hanging off to look like a Flintstones version

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
s pen aholic in Beast Mode (Notetoo)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385484711520.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385484711520.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 191