Quake 2 for android

HighBAC

Reaction score
Got this running on my droid. Multiplayer works well! Was able to start a game on my desktop and join from my droid.... this on on a wireless home network though.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
It works smoothly but having to remember all the keys to do stuff is a pain - I'm not as young as I used to be :icon_eek:

iPirate

Reaction score
I installed it and played for about 5 or 10 minutes (used 40% of my battery).

The controls really piss me off. The constant "reauto aim to middle screen" was making me sad and the overall controls were not doing what I wanted it to do, it was making me physically ill. lol

I was running at 45-48 FPS, probably better than the first time I played quake2 on a PC lol! It is really cool to have and show friends but the controls are sickening and the game is near impossible to play.

Algae998

Reaction score
Hey all, really helpful thread here.
Hopefully Im not too late and the thread isnt dead :p
I was having some issues getting the game to run properly. Took me a while but I installed the .apk and got the pak files from the demo and copied them to my sd card. When I launch the game I get great video, fps and good sound, but it seems to be locking up on me. I can bring up the main menu to start the game, do multiplayer, etc. but cant click on any of the options with the touch screen. I tried opening the keyboard and it locks up every time to the point where I have to yank the battery to get it to restart. If using the touch screen, I run forward constantly unless I look around. Looks like this would be an awesome game, are the controls similar to Sandstorm?
Any thoughts? I have the Droid 2.

bhavium

Reaction score
I know that Quake III and Half Life were established for Symbian S60. I played Quake on my old Sony Ericsson W950 has only 200mhz processor.