Quake 2 for android

Newton122189

Reaction score
thought i would at least post this since i havent seen anything about it on the forum, here is the link to quake 2 for android, it runs well for me, no problems so far except that it doesnt fit the screen on the droid, there is a black strip on the right but its not a big deal, barely noticeable

http://quake2-android.sourceforge.net/

check it out

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
doesn't work, installed Quake II via Astro, and Installed the PAK via the program. when i go to launch, i get a fatal error...

edit i got it to work, but obviously it's very bugged. will update shortly

Last edited:

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay the game works, and actually is snappy. but the controls are difficult to use at this time.

OP
N

Newton122189

Reaction score
doesn't work, installed Quake II via Astro, and Installed the PAK via the program. when i go to launch, i get a fatal error...

edit i got it to work, but obviously it's very bugged. will update shortly

really? i have had zero problems, you might want to try reinstall and redownload pak files, it could just be sorta messed up or somethin

Delirious17

Reaction score
Fantastic...not that it's a major problem mostly but I am getting no sound...and yes I clicked options and toggle sounds, and the toggle gamepad works for what it's worth...

Since the OpenPandora - The OMAP3 based Handheld that has the exact same processor/RAM as the Droid can run Quake 3...I wonder if we can soon? :D (It can also with bugs, run N64 and slowly run Dreamcast games, but smoothly run PS1 games)

OP
N

Newton122189

Reaction score
Fantastic...not that it's a major problem mostly but I am getting no sound...and yes I clicked options and toggle sounds, and the toggle gamepad works for what it's worth...

Since the OpenPandora - The OMAP3 based Handheld that has the exact same processor/RAM as the Droid can run Quake 3...I wonder if we can soon? :D (It can also with bugs, run N64 and slowly run Dreamcast games, but smoothly run PS1 games)

oh, now that devs realize they can store stuff on the sd there will be a lot more big games, quake store all the files on the sd and only the framework that runs those files on internal memory, and as far as the sound goes consider yourself lucky, i mute it anyways cuz its annoying, lol, i wish i could permanently disable it, as of now i have to do it manually each time, and as far as quake 3 goes i believe it is being worked on for android, personally i would like to see a project like halo4iphone, thats where they take the quake game and skin it to look like halo 1 and changed the sounds and all that good stuff, you can check that out at halo4iphone.com but i would really like to see that developed for android using the quake 2 engine

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
newton for quake 2, how do you get to the menu in-game? i couldn't get into it to save/load once the map is loaded

OP
N

Newton122189

Reaction score
oh, the back button, like the loopy arrow touch sensitive one thats on the screen, i know its retarded, once you do that hit single player and then save

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
this is very encouraging, since it runs so smoothly. n64 emulator could probably work pretty well on the Droid :)

OP
N

Newton122189

Reaction score
its sort of odd but quake 2 runs better than quake 1 on the droid, i guess it has to do with who ported it or something, but i agree, we should be able to play some more graphics intensive games, i dont really know about n64 because the joystick might cause so issues since the dpad is only 4 way directional on the droid, but playstation games should be a go

omni

Reaction score
quake 2 is amazing, but quake 3 is the greatest FPS ever made, bar none. Making it look like halo would be mixing the worst most uninnovative shooter - only successful because you can't play complicated things on console - with the best ever.

kamileon

Reaction score
Ok...so how do I get this on my Droid. I downloaded the file to my pc...Now what??

EDIT: I dl it on my Droid not pc...sorry long day at work...brain is lagging....and i figured it out....guess it helps to read all the posts thoroughly....again my brain lagging

Last edited:
OP
N

Newton122189

Reaction score
quake 2 is amazing, but quake 3 is the greatest FPS ever made, bar none. Making it look like halo would be mixing the worst most uninnovative shooter - only successful because you can't play complicated things on console - with the best ever.

halo is fun, i never said it was innovative, i like halo, i would like to see it on a mobile platform, clearly you are a quake enthusiast but i still think it would be cool to make it look like halo, if you dont like halo then just dont worry about it