Pushing "a" on the keyboard sometimes selects all text.

OUTthaWAZOO

Reaction score
I've had this problem about 4 times now and it is very frustrating when it happens, since the touchscreen keyboard on this phone is awful. But sometimes when using the physical keyboard I'll be typing and it'll randomly decide to change the "a" key into a "select-all" key and once I press another key, all my text that I've typed prior to that point gets erased. Restarting the phone corrects it until the next time it happens, and that seems to be the only thing that fixes it. It's incredibly annoying to have to restart the phone and re-write what I've written every time it happens.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Could be a key that sticking. I don't have a physical keyboard but I would think long pressing the 'a' key might be a macro key to select all text.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
That actually happened on my D3 just earlier. I was texting my girlfriend and was trying to put "a" but instead selected all the words I had previously typed. All I did was close my keyboard, use the virtual kb for a second and went back and it was fine. Idk what it was but I didn't like it.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
And might I add that that's NEVER happened before.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid