purple led email notification

Esimn78

Reaction score
How do you get the purple led email notification to stop flashing when there is not any new or spam emails? I use the yahoo email app but i have every single email notification turned off, including the notifications on gmail and the stock email app. Its very annoying

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
The yahoo app uses a purple LED so it's the likely cause. If it's settings can't turn it off, you can use another email app that has LED settings that work, one of those third party LED notification apps might be able to stop it as well. I use maildroid partly because I have a yahoo account & push works on it. It's LED settings use what ever color I set for each account (none is an option) flash if i have unread mail and stop once it's read.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If you lose connection with yahoos server, it will flash as well

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
If you lose connection with yahoos server, it will flash as well

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Well I'm glad I don't use the yahoo app then, I'd constantly be thinking I had new mail whenever I'm on 4g with all the drops.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

smmfc

Reaction score
I deleted the app cus i couldn't keep the notification off. But to keep it away till you get new mails check any folders you may have made aside from the normal inbox. If you made a folder and happen to have any unread mail in it it will continue to flash. Like I said it got annoying so I deleted it and just check mail on my galaxy tab 2.