Purchasing Apps from the Market

mrsr71

Reaction score
I've had my Droid for nearly a year and I've only downloaded free apps from the Droid Market.

I want to upgrade an app I like (IP Cam Viewer.) Does the monies go to the Market or to the app developer when payment is made
:confused:

Can a payment be made on the internet or does it have to been done via the Market

Is the method of payment secure
:confused: Has anyone had payment/security problems with the Market :confused:

Sorry for all of the paranoia buy I don't want my credit/identity breached
:icon_eek:

billyidle

Reaction score
Your money goes to Google, who then pays the Developer. It is as secure as secure can be. If you don't trust using your information online, use a prepaid card, or don't buy stuff online

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I've had my Droid for nearly a year and I've only downloaded free apps from the Droid Market.

I want to upgrade an app I like (IP Cam Viewer.) Does the monies go to the Market or to the app developer when payment is made

Can a payment be made on the internet or does it have to been done via the Market

Is the method of payment secure
:confused: Has anyone had payment/security problems with the Market :confused:

Sorry for all of the paranoia buy I don't want my credit/identity breached
:icon_eek:

It goes through google checkout so it's quite secure. My guess is it goes to google and then google distributes the developers cut to them. The payment has to be done through the market no matter what. You can do it on the market website but it goes through the google checkout no matter what.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You can do it on the market website but it goes through the google checkout no matter what.

Not always true, I bought Touchdown directly from the developer.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
OP
M

mrsr71

Reaction score
Gentlemen - thanks for all of the advise ;)

billyidle

Reaction score

With that in mind, I would always trust Google Checkout more than going straight through a developer :)

Paypal with anyone is safe...

I understand your point. Although, in the last 2 years, I've had my paypal account stolen twice, before I decided to cancel it and only use the one time payment service if I have to. In the same 2 years, I've never had an issue with Google Checkout yet :)
Either way, people have credit cards and identities stolen all the time, and using the internet may or may not be the cause, using online checkouts from trusted companies does not increase that risk.
This is why you should always keep an eye on your accounts.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
You can do it on the market website but it goes through the google checkout no matter what.

Yeah I know that, but what I meant is if you use the market website or the actual market you have to use Google checkout. I've also purchased apps straight from the developer.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
With that in mind, I would always trust Google Checkout more than going straight through a developer :)

Paypal with anyone is safe...

I understand your point. Although, in the last 2 years, I've had my paypal account stolen twice, before I decided to cancel it and only use the one time payment service if I have to. In the same 2 years, I've never had an issue with Google Checkout yet :)
Either way, people have credit cards and identities stolen all the time, and using the internet may or may not be the cause, using online checkouts from trusted companies does not increase that risk.
This is why you should always keep an eye on your accounts.

I understand what your saying, I've been puttering online since 300baud modems.....

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score

I bought Titanium Backup straight from the Dev, and never had problems with PayPal in regards to security. Claims are another story. It seem the customer is always wrong. I provided a paper from the Post Office showing a fill in carrier marked the item return to sender by mistake. Yet PayPal STILL ruled in the seller favor! But customer service is another issue. Security wise I have no concern with PayPal.