Pulldown Toggles for Bionic (and a few other questions)

OP
firefighterguy
Reaction score
if your rooted and want that pull down switches, the [R3}Blurr3d v1.7 pbx rom has the switches built in, the rom is running lightning fast with few if any issues and a hell of a team supporting it nightly or close to it... might give it a whorl...
they have made a convert to the dark side out of me ;) i just cannot get enough of modding now...

(Sorry. Been in Vegas with my wife the last weeknor so).
I love moding and flashing roms. I usually wait to get aquainted with the phone first without any moding aside from rooting, and things like the pulldown toggles.

But, may I ask how you've found that rom? I'd like to at least read about it and see any screen shots if any while I am doing my normal ritual with my phone. I did some searches, but didn't find a whole lot of any roms yet, save one or two. It could have been how I searched and mistyping too.

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain

Last edited:

ravichopra

Reaction score
Nope. None. All that happened to get the "Droid Bionic" instead of "Verizon Wireless" - if you are familiar with theming - was the png or picture was changed along with the xml associated with it, if any.

But, no. No probs whatsoever. The easiest way, instead of doing all the stuff he says to do, is just switch your SystemUI.apk's. But SAVE YOUR ORIGIINAL SYSTEMUI.APK! Just incase you wanted to go back to stock. This will also 'stick'after a wipe.

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain

I haven't been able to get this to work. After installing the apk and restarting the systemui crashes. The lockscreen has some cosmetic glitches in the mute switch and unlock slider.
Any thoughts? Do you have to deodex before this will work?

-R

OP
firefighterguy
Reaction score
I haven't been able to get this to work. After installing the apk and restarting the systemui crashes. The lockscreen has some cosmetic glitches in the mute switch and unlock slider.
Any thoughts? Do you have to deodex before this will work?

-R

Rav,

Yes. You have to be deodexed for this to work. If you need to deodex, I have a link here somewhere that you won't need to hook it up to a computer to deodex. It's an auto- deodexer that ArmyDude AKA Nitroglycerine13 (I hope I spelled his name right.) So credit goes to him. I didn't do jack sh1t. He did the work. Lmao! I have used it before on my DX1 a while back. But with this deodexer, you have to be on the stock 2.3.4 rom.

Did you try to actually install the apk? This apk is meant to be copied into your /system/app folder. Not actually installed. DroidJunk gets the credit for this too, as this is his work that he got together with others to get this out to us. He has other mods and tweaks, and other versions of this that you can flash in bootstrap. Again, you must be deodexed. But the basic option I was referring to is just a copy and paste.

You can do this by pushing it through ADB. Or you can do it with Root Explorer or similar apps. The easiest way I have done it to minimize any complications was to copy the SystemUI.apk into /data/app. Then I changed the permisions to match the apps in /system/app to rw-r-r-- Then I moved (not copied. Actually moved) to /system/app. It will tell you the file aready exists. And will ask you to confirm that you want to replace it. Select "Yes." Switch back to RO and exit out and reboot. And vwaullah! You have the notification toggles.

This will stick after a factory reset because it is in your /system/app folder. If you want to go back, just do the same thing, but with the origional SystemUI.apk that you saved beforehand. Because you are a good, savvy moding and tweaking bad@$$ that makes sure you have a plan "B." Lol

*Update -
Here are the Links.

ArmyDude's auto deodexer - (if you can't get it to download, or the mirror is no longer there let me know. And I can give you the link to XDA. Or you can Google it. It's your choice.)
www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=173289

DroidJunk's mods and tweaks -
www.mydroidworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9611

Last edited:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
(Sorry. Been in Vegas with my wife the last weeknor so).
I love moding and flashing roms. I usually wait to get aquainted with the phone first without any moding aside from rooting, and things like the pulldown toggles.

But, may I ask how you've found that rom? I'd like to at least read about it and see any screen shots if any while I am doing my normal ritual with my phone. I did some searches, but didn't find a whole lot of any roms yet, save one or two. It could have been how I searched and mistyping too.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/th3ory-rom/173941-r3-blurr3d-v1-7-pbx-moto-kernel-10-09-2011-a.html

TH3ORY ROM

ravichopra

Reaction score
Rav,

Yes. You have to be deodexed for this to work. If you need to deodex, I have a link here somewhere that you won't need to hook it up to a computer to deodex. It's an auto- deodexer that ArmyDude AKA Nitroglycerine13 (I hope I spelled his name right.) So credit goes to him. I didn't do jack sh1t. He did the work. Lmao! I have used it before on my DX1 a while back. But with this deodexer, you have to be on the stock 2.3.4 rom.

Did you try to actually install the apk? This apk is meant to be copied into your /system/app folder. Not actually installed. DroidJunk gets the credit for this too, as this is his work that he got together with others to get this out to us. He has other mods and tweaks, and other versions of this that you can flash in bootstrap. Again, you must be deodexed. But the basic option I was referring to is just a copy and paste.

You can do this by pushing it through ADB. Or you can do it with Root Explorer or similar apps. The easiest way I have done it to minimize any complications was to copy the SystemUI.apk into /data/app. Then I changed the permisions to match the apps in /system/app to rw-r-r-- Then I moved (not copied. Actually moved) to /system/app. It will tell you the file aready exists. And will ask you to confirm that you want to replace it. Select "Yes." Switch back to RO and exit out and reboot. And vwaullah! You have the notification toggles.

This will stick after a factory reset because it is in your /system/app folder. If you want to go back, just do the same thing, but with the origional SystemUI.apk that you saved beforehand. Because you are a good, savvy moding and tweaking bad@$$ that makes sure you have a plan "B." Lol

*Update -
Here are the Links.

ArmyDude's auto deodexer - (if you can't get it to download, or the mirror is no longer there let me know. And I can give you the link to XDA. Or you can Google it. It's your choice.)
www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=173289

DroidJunk's mods and tweaks -
www.mydroidworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9611

Yea, I'd done everything right EXCEPT deodexing! I'd misinterpreted your original post to mean that you could pull this apk switch off with no other changes (i.e. without deodexing). Fortunately I'd saved the original file as a .bak, so I always had a recovery path.

Anyhow, thanks for all the help & links. Going to give it a shot now!

Best,
-R

OP
firefighterguy
Reaction score
It was easy to misinterpret my post because I forgot to mention it. I meant to. But meaning to and doing it are two different things. My apologies.