Proximity Sensor not working on a call?

stevo95

Reaction score
Anyone else have this problem? when i have the phone to my ear, the screen is still on, i keep pressing keys on the dialpad with my ear.

A quick google says that the screen is not configurable, is there a way to fix this?

Thanks

gsDroid

Reaction score
If you are using a screen protector try taking it off and trying again. Some of them block the sensor.

BrokerDon

Reaction score
It's amazing how nobody has a solution to this--I see it mentioned over and over again on Android forums.

Screen goes active during a call, and disconnects the call 3 or 4 times a day.

Christobal

Reaction score
[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]I have the exact OPPOSITE problem. When I place a call, the the screen goes black when I put it to my ear. When I pull it down to look a it, or even hang up, I cannot get it to light up again to press "end call" or access the dial pad to input numbers.

What make me really mad is that this is a replacement for a phone that had a different issue (rattling earpiece). I have a bad feeling I have entered the realm of "other peoples problems" from "factory restored" units. :mad:[/FONT]

I have a Steinheil screen protector on it. The exact same one I had on my previous Bionic that did not have this issue.

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]I have the exact OPPOSITE problem. When I place a call, the the screen goes black when I put it to my ear. When I pull it down to look a it, or even hang up, I cannot get it to light up again to press "end call" or access the dial pad to input numbers.

What make me really mad is that this is a replacement for a phone that had a different issue (rattling earpiece). I have a bad feeling I have entered the realm of "other peoples problems" from "factory restored" units. :mad:[/FONT]

I have a Steinheil screen protector on it. The exact same one I had on my previous Bionic that did not have this issue.

Does your screen protector have the proper cutouts for the sensor? I know Steinheil was shipping a screen protector that covered the Bionic sensor when it was first released. They've since corrected it, but some early buyers got sent the wrong ones.

Christobal

Reaction score
Just ripped it off (eating the expense) an it's working fine. Strange the other proector from the same package didn't affect my original Bionic.

Thanks!

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
Just ripped it off (eating the expense) an it's working fine. Strange the other proector from the same package didn't affect my original Bionic.

Thanks!

I had the same problem with mine when I first got it back in September. The good news is that now Steinheil now has the right ones. They're the best screen protector I've ever used, and I've gone through all kinds of brands before I found these.

StevenStanleyBayes

Reaction score
Anyone else have this problem? when i have the phone to my ear, the screen is still on, i keep pressing keys on the dialpad with my ear.

A quick google says that the screen is not configurable, is there a way to fix this?

Thanks

You can monitor the proximity sensor values in order to obtain more information whether your proximity sensor works or not and what may cause the problem as well as to virtually disable the proximity sensor when in calls, made and received and, also, to make the proximity sensor control the screen with the application Proximity Sensor and Screen. There is a good description how tom use the application inside the application.
Here is more information.
How to download and install :
Look for Version 2.0 or higher of Proximity Sensor and Screen by Steven Stanley Bayes.
The application does not require neither root access nor any third party frames nor products.
Here is more information how to download and install the application :
Proximity Sensor and Screen - Android Apps on Google Play
OR
Go to Google Play Store with your device. Click " APPS ". Click the magnifying glass of the search. Type exactly, character by character, :
Proximity Sensor and Screen by Steven Stanley Bayes
PLEASE, NOTE : MUST BE TYPED EXACTLY AS SHOWN, EXACTLY AT THE " APPS " TAB OF GOOGLE PLAY STORE, BECAUSE THE SEARCH ENGINE OF GOOGLE PLAY STORE IS VERY SENSITIVE.
Click on the displayed app with the same name and author to download and install. The application is also available in many other app stores and online which may or may not show after a general purpose search with google.com and a web browser but some forums where the links are posted may show.
READ THE INFORMATION INSIDE THE APPLICATION FIRST.