Protocol in mentioning other sites/forums

milski65

Reaction score
I noticed a post on another forum that stated he couldn't mention the name of another site for reference due to it being a competitor. Not sure who he was referring. I'm trying to figure out what is acceptable practice here, as well as other forums in general covering android and droid topics. Should I not use another forums name here (it was listed as sister forum), to direct others too? I do understand that is is not acceptable practice to list sites that rip off all the devs (those sites should be shut down; my opinion).

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Detonation

Reaction score
I think it would be BS if they're expecting to censor posts with links to "competitors" websites. The goal here is to provide information and help about Droids...if another site has good information that's not here, it deserves to be linked and shared (unless, as you said, its a warez/pirating site).

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't recall the specific forum rules here. Most sites discourage promoting other forum sites but linking to other forum sites generally isn't an issue. If in doubt, read the rules.