prospective droid owner

skyking2

Reaction score
Hello. I'm currently a Pre Plus user with the unlimited data plan and free 5GB/month mobile hotspot. I'm here to educate myself about the Droid system. I also hope that if I upgrade next year to a Droid phone that my plan will transfer completely. I'm looking forward to reading and learning. Thanks.

Skyking2

ambrown

Reaction score
Well it depends what carrier you're on. I'd say that most data plans should carry over though.

Welcome to the forum though and hope you find what you're looking for. I personally really enjoy Android and find the freedom of what you can do with it my favorite feature. Coming from a Palm probably one of the first things you'll notice is how many more apps you'll have access to. Multi-tasking is different, and admittedly Palm has a more fluid approach, but it works fairly well on Android.

Some people say there is a "learning curve" for those new to the Android OS. But if you take the time to get the basics then it's really not that bad, and most of the "learning" is just finding more functionality with the phone.

If you have questions feel free to ask, most of us here are happy to help!

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, you've found the right site to learn about the Droid lineup and Android in general!

OP
S

skyking2

Reaction score
Thanks ambrown. I would have to forget to mention my carrier. I'm on Verizon since June 2010. This phone was cheap then and I put the mobile hotspot to good use. Hope I still can once I upgrade.

OP
S

skyking2

Reaction score
Thanks danDroid. One thing I am learning about this phone is just how slow it can be accessing websites. Maybe the dual core or the upcoming quad core can help me in that respect.

ambrown

Reaction score
I don't have any experience with the mobile hotspot but as far as I know Verizon should let you upgrade with the plan you have no problem.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app