Programs running in the background

Faithfill

Reaction score
Is there any way to avoid having to constantly use task killers etc to stop all the apps and programs running in the background. I got an advance task killer and memory booster on my phone but after 2 minutes or so my phone goes back to dragging again.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

pool_shark

Reaction score
Uninstall your task killer. Programs are supposed to run, that's the way the OS works. If you have a task killer set to automatically kill those processes, and the OS restarts those processes, the task killer is always running which will slow down your phone.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't be using a task killer. You are only wasting battery by killing and then the system reloading.

If you don't want an app running, uninstall it.

Task killers shouldn't be used by android, Google has said so itself. If you have a rogue (bad) app eating your battery, you should remove it or figure out why it is using so much in the first place.

mjforte

Reaction score
Yes I agree fully with the above poster. Task killers are not needed with Android as it will manage processes on its own and kill tasks when needed.

Sent from my Bolt!

xan

Reaction score
they dont really run in the background, they just sit idol, ready to run.

it takes more batt life to close and later restart an app, than to just hold it suspended in memory.

OP
F

Faithfill

Reaction score
Ok I'll delete it. That's what was suggested that I get a task killer by a vzw rep.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mjforte

Reaction score
Yeah this isn't the first instance of hearing about vzw reps recommending task killers. Its unfortunate they're so misinformed and telling people they should use one.

Sent from my Bolt!