Programming pauses into phone numbers

David92

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to program a hard pause into a phone number that the Droid will recognize?

On my old WM phone, I could place a "w" after a phone number and then program in a code, like for an answering machine. Pressing talk would then go onto the next sequence of numbers. Worked great for pagers too and I had numbers entered in Outlook contacts that way. But the Droid will not even dial the first part of such a sequenced number with a letter in the number stream, so I have had to re-enter some numbers in Outlook contacts. Are there any third party dialers out there that emulate WM? Thanks in advance.

KarenElissa

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to program a hard pause into a phone number that the Droid will recognize?

On my old WM phone, I could place a "w" after a phone number and then program in a code, like for an answering machine. Pressing talk would then go onto the next sequence of numbers. Worked great for pagers too and I had numbers entered in Outlook contacts that way. But the Droid will not even dial the first part of such a sequenced number with a letter in the number stream, so I have had to re-enter some numbers in Outlook contacts. Are there any third party dialers out there that emulate WM? Thanks in advance.

Use a coma. One is a short pause, two a longer one.

listenman20

Reaction score
I think there's a symbol button onthe dialer that shows a wait and a pause.

OP
D

David92

Reaction score
For future reference, I have found that the more commas, the longer the pause if needed. So can use even 3 or 4 commas. Thanks again!

nelcatjar

Reaction score
I put 2 commas and the pause took too long.

But I noticed if I shook the phone, the next numbers were entered.

Is this a feature, that you shake the phone to enter the next set of numbers?

magnus

Reaction score
I put 2 commas and the pause took too long.

But I noticed if I shook the phone, the next numbers were entered.

Is this a feature, that you shake the phone to enter the next set of numbers?

This I gotta try!

camaropep

Reaction score
I use a pause when I dial voicemail to enter my password but I have noticed that the phone will not send the password until I take the phone away from my ear. Once the screen turns on it will send the password. Kind of annoying but I haven't found a better way to do it.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I set my voicemail number to be: *86,12345#,1
where 12345 is my password (comma before and after password). So it dials voicemail, then enters my password, then presses one to bypass "You have 2 new voice messages and 3 saved voice messages" and goes right into the first message. Hope someone else likes it...