problems with Pandora

nerdalert

Reaction score
I keep getting an error message when I try to launch Pandora that says:

Unexpected JSON error occurred: A JSONObject text must begin with '{' at character 20 of

Has anyone else had this problem?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is the first that I have seen this particular error in the forum. I Googled to learn more. Several hits mention XML and crating objects. Therefore, I'm thinking that this error is occurring to a development error.

Is this the first time that you have used Pandora? Did you add a launcher? I'm really grasping for a solution.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Pandora.

Mike

OP
nerdalert

nerdalert

Reaction score
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it a few times and it is still occurring. I have noticed that it happens most often when my signal is less than full strength. Thanks for looking into it for me.

pbachorz

Reaction score
I am getting the same message, and, oddly enough my WiFi strength is also less than full. My error differs slightly, and instead says Unexpected JSON error occurred: A JSONObject text must begin with '{' at character 6

HELP!

Gatekeeper21

Reaction score
Not sure if you have solved the problem, but I came across this thread while trying to find out how to fix my phone. I ended up clearing the cache from Pandora and it started working like normal again (Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Pandora > Clear cache). Not sure if this will work for anyone else, but it worked for me

polnikki

Reaction score
I am having the same problem (just got my phone yesterday), I have tried all of these options several times to no avail, and my WiFi is strong.

Very frustrating.

Saltrix

Reaction score
Not sure if you have solved the problem, but I came across this thread while trying to find out how to fix my phone. I ended up clearing the cache from Pandora and it started working like normal again (Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Pandora > Clear cache). Not sure if this will work for anyone else, but it worked for me

That definitely did the trick for me. Thanks for your help.

johnzenobia

Reaction score
I am so disappointed with Pandora for the poor sound quality that I have un-installed the app, However I use wireless tether on my phone to run Pandora on my Ipod Touch while in my car and the sound quality is great on the ipod touch. I don't know why they can't fix it for Android?

Saltrix

Reaction score
Have you tried the higher quality setting? Menu>preferences>cell network audio quality. There is a normal and high setting. I use the normal and it doesn't bother me, but maybe u should try the high setting.

drwolcor

Reaction score
Have you tried the higher quality setting? Menu>preferences>cell network audio quality. There is a normal and high setting. I use the normal and it doesn't bother me, but maybe u should try the high setting.

Alot of people are still having sound problems with Pandora and even slacker. I think it has something to do with 2.2 but it doesn't matter what quality setting you have it on it sounds horrible in both apps

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk