Problems with Juice Defender after OTA update

PatG

Reaction score
I got the OTA update at noon today. No problem; got installed. Ever since then I noticed that after I turn the screen back on 3G data would not come back. The Juice Defender Icon would change, but no 3G. Sometime it took 30 seconds, other times not at all. When I turn off Juice Defender everything goes back to normal. I tried it several times so far today, turning on JD and getting 3G data after turning on screen was very hit or miss.

Has anyone else see this problem??

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My JD isn't turning my wifi off when it's supposed to after the update. Hmmm. Hope JD updates soon

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy via Blue Tapatalk

jbg25

Reaction score
The update just officially came out. I am sure Mark will get to it...but he has to try and keep JD compatible with all phones. As someone who used to help test his unreleased Beta versions...I can tell you that not only is he working to make JD compatible with several dozen phones...but multiple ROMs on each phone.

Because our latest version updated our radios as well as parts of the system...he may have to start over to get the rezound back to full status.

OP
P

PatG

Reaction score
The update just officially came out. I am sure Mark will get to it...but he has to try and keep JD compatible with all phones. As someone who used to help test his unreleased Beta versions...I can tell you that not only is he working to make JD compatible with several dozen phones...but multiple ROMs on each phone. Because our latest version updated our radios as well as parts of the system...he may have to start over to get the rezound back to full status.
And that's fine. I just wanted to see if I am somehow screwed something up (wouldn't be the first time), or if other users are also having problems. I can also e-mail the developer and let him know, but I didn't really wanted to do it if for some reason only I see problems and send him off on a wild goose chase.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The update just officially came out. I am sure Mark will get to it...but he has to try and keep JD compatible with all phones. As someone who used to help test his unreleased Beta versions...I can tell you that not only is he working to make JD compatible with several dozen phones...but multiple ROMs on each phone.

Because our latest version updated our radios as well as parts of the system...he may have to start over to get the rezound back to full status.

Yes I was a beta tester as well for a while on my Incredible

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

jbg25

Reaction score
And that's fine. I just wanted to see if I am somehow screwed something up (wouldn't be the first time), or if other users are also having problems. I can also e-mail the developer and let him know, but I didn't really wanted to do it if for some reason only I see problems and send him off on a wild goose chase.

ah...my bad....I just assume any update will cause issues. Then I am excited when I don't find problems.

I have not been using JD lately as I have been trying out HTCs built in power management. I have to say most of the features the average user would need are built right in (and a few that I don't think JD is built to do...ie shut down one of the cores to preserve power at a certain pre set percentage left on the battery

I also found that the rezound responds better to the built in features. (ie...on JD...every now and then...WiFi would forget to turn back on in a recognized location, and I would have to toggle on. This never happens with the built in features...so maybe it was a conflict between the built in and JD?

Anyway if you have not tried it....go to ( I will try my best as I am running ICS and it is slightly different)

Setting-> power->save power (power management/settings/something)

you should be able to select Economy mode. When you back out the settings option below should now be selectable. You will get about a dozen options to tweak.

OP
P

PatG

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. What exacty does sleep mode do, just turn off the radios? At least JD gave the option of turning them in every so often and checking updates.

Also I don't see any of those options in power. The only options I have is performance normal and economy mode. In economy I get options to turn odd autosync based on battery level and some other stuff. But nothing like turning off a core. That would be pretty cool.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

jbg25

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. What exacty does sleep mode do, just turn off the radios? At least JD gave the option of turning them in every so often and checking updates.

Also I don't see any of those options in power. The only options I have is performance normal and economy mode. In economy I get options to turn odd autosync based on battery level and some other stuff. But nothing like turning off a core. That would be pretty cool.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

ok...you are right....on GB roms...there are only about 8 options and are pretty basic. I guess the features I mentioned are ICS upgrades.

Sorry