Problems with Droid Bionic

crowsm

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm looking for a little bit of advice and help here. I am a first time visitor and poster here, so sorry if this has already been asked.

About a week ago, I began experiencing problems loading apps. My phone wouldn't load apps, or when it would, they would close mid-use. Recently, it has been restarting at random, just going back to the loading animation. Any ideas what is going on with it, and if so, how can I fix it?

Using Droid Bionic by the way.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
Is your phone rooted? What version of Android? The going back to the boot animation (without a restart) basically means that one of the UI components crashed, and Android is reloading the GUI. It seems like thats pretty consistent with the other crashes. I would try to boot into recovery and clear cache and dalvik cache.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Like she said^^^ are you rooted or stock, any roms? If not Clear your cache and if that fails..then your only option is to do a factory data reset.. Done from settings and privacy....

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

OP
C

crowsm

Reaction score
Is your phone rooted? What version of Android? The going back to the boot animation (without a restart) basically means that one of the UI components crashed, and Android is reloading the GUI. It seems like thats pretty consistent with the other crashes. I would try to boot into recovery and clear cache and dalvik cache.

No, I don't have the phone rooted. I will give it a go booting in recovery mode, any link to a tutorial on how to do that with the bionic? This is a complete foreign language to me.

Like she said^^^ are you rooted or stock, any roms? If not Clear your cache and if that fails..then your only option is to do a factory data reset.. Done from settings and privacy....

I have it stock, no roms or anything.

So it is a software issue from what I can decipher from what you guys are talking about?

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yes.. It definitely seems like software...but a fdr (dreaded I know) will typically fix that..

MAXXED OUT!!!

OP
C

crowsm

Reaction score
Thanks, I found a link to boot in recovery mode. Cleared the cache in recovery mode, seems to have done the trick. But it's only been 20 minutes or so. Thanks for the help.

OP
C

crowsm

Reaction score
Yes.. It definitely seems like software...but a fdr (dreaded I know) will typically fix that..

MAXXED OUT!!!

Alright, another issue has arisen. Trying to root my phone, however, it won't give me the option to connect via mtp when I hook up with the micro-usb to my computer. Any ideas why this won't work? And/or how to fix it?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Is USB debugging on?

OP
C

crowsm

Reaction score

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

So...just had almost a week of no problems with the phone, and the problems came back worse than before. I've been trying to root my bionic, and for whatever reason, it won't complete the process. I have no idea as to what is going wrong, the tutorial is unhelpful at best. Anyone out there in android world have a well written, easy to follow tutorial on how to root a bionic running stock 4.1.2?

And if I root my phone, will I lose all of the contacts, pictures and the like that I have?