Problems Updating to 4.5.601 with D2 non global...

Rufus65

Reaction score
I have a rooted D2 non global and it says I can update the software to 4.5.601; I download the package, the phone restarts in clockwork recovery mode, which I can't seem to stop that, I press restart system boot, it begins to extract the update and when it gets to what looks like 40%, it gives me the error icon and then restarts back into recovery. When the phone fully boots up a windows pops up saying the update failed...

how do I stop clockwork recovery from booting first and how do I successfully update my phone?

Sent from my Droid 2 using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rufus65

Reaction score
wow...really...i feel so stupid :l

thanks

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Don't feel stupid. The ota looks for all the stock apks to be in place and unmodified. If you have deleted or frozen anything it will error out like it did. The best way to get the ota would be to sbf back to stock and then accept it.

Tapatalked From the Mind and Fingers of JSM...

OP
R

Rufus65

Reaction score
sounds right, thanks, ill proceed and check back if any more problems occur...

OP
R

Rufus65

Reaction score
okay so i tried to SBF using RSDLite 4.7 & 4.9 with the VRZ_A955_2.3.20.SBF file i got from http://www.iamthewalcs.com/Files.php?dir=SBF+Files+and+Update+files%2FSBF+File%2F and i cant start the SBF process; I open RSDLite, plug in my D2, powered into Bootloader, selected the SBF file in RSDLite, but i cant start the process. My phone is recognized by RSD but when i click on my phone to bring up my info it gives me N/A for every option, and the SBF file doesnt show its information at all, not even N/A shows up...i thought i might be a bad SBF file but I keep getting the same file every place i go. what could be the problem?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
It downloads as a zip but then you need to extract it first to use it. Did you do that? Other than that I am not sure, I am terrible with sbf trouble shooting.

Sent From a Tear in the Space/Time Continuum...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
OK I just reread your prior post. After selecting the file using the button with the "..." does start light up as an option? I am pretty sure that I get all n/a for the info when I do it as well. If the phone is recognized and the option lights up then you should be good.

Sent From a Tear in the Space/Time Continuum...

Reaction score
Try selecting the sbf file first and then connect the phone, also make sure your RSD Lite is up to date.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums