Problems rooting? IT IS THE SD CARD!!! Try the 2GB PNY from WalMart

givmedew

Reaction score
After trying for hours and reading tons of forums, using multiple computers, and multiple sd cards. I still could not get in all my sd cards where sandisk.

I read several times that people had luck with a 2GB PNY from walmart. So I went to walmart bought that same card and it worked 1st time right away. So I would say that the majority of people having issues should try that 2gb card from walmart as your FIRST troubleshooting issue because everything else for me was a gigantic waste of time.

sithian476

Reaction score
Yep. I have to do a full format everytime I need adb shell in recovery though otherwise it still doesn't work for me.

StirCwazy

Reaction score
Same, just picked up the PNY card from Wally World about 2 hours ago, been trying every little method out there and still nothing for me.

OP
givmedew

givmedew

Reaction score
Same, just picked up the PNY card from Wally World about 2 hours ago, been trying every little method out there and still nothing for me.

With the wal-mart 2gb you still had problems? I didn't even have to format it. I got the PNY-2GB it was instant difference. The upc code is 751492323145

I tried several 2gb SanDisk cards and a 16gb droid card with several diff formats and allocation sizes. I also tried ALL of the other "driver" fixes. It seems obvious that some people may be having driver related issues but most are probably the card.

Did you ever get the message that about the directory? or just device not found?

Phonegeek

Reaction score
Sd card

Can you go back to a bigger card after the root is done or do you have to keep the small card.

OP
givmedew

givmedew

Reaction score
yeh im using my 16gb from my droid again. gave the 2gb to my girlfriend i suppose you can just return it however being in retail i feel that it is very unethical to do so since companies usually do not get any money back for items of that nature when they are returned in a used condition

MacDroid

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread. I just got a moto droid2 and got rid of the 8gb card that came with it (without trying it) and bought a 16gb sandisk but the phone wouldn't see it at all. I've since gotten a replacement card that didn't work either. Startig to suspect the phone and went to a Vzw store and the tech said it's both the phone and the card??? I tried a Sandisk 16 from my son's DroidX and my phone recognized it. Encouraging. Went to Radio Shack, tried a 16 and an 8, both sandisks and nothing. Bought a PNY 2gb at Staples and just tried it and it works. Sandisk is the brand that comes with the phone! I'll now try to get another 16 sd sandisk from RadioSAhack (great sale $) to see if somehow the phone will see it. If not, I'll try non-sandisk larger cards. Anyone else have similar experience recently with Droid2/2.2 and sd cards? This is crazy

Axel

Reaction score
...why would you throw away a perfectly good SD card? Aside from the (now, hopefully, clear) fact that you might need a replacement, that's a pretty big card, and worth some money.