problems installing custom roms on to my phone!

trook

Reaction score
try pulling out your battery then reinstalling it, not root, reinstall the battery....Also, did you install that new ota update thats going around?

OP
A

andrew92

Reaction score
what do you mean reinstall the battery? when i pull my battery and put it back in it just goes into a screen with the word ANDROID on it that just shines and blinks but it dosen't go anywhere... i'm bugging out now haha i can't even use my phone please help!

trook

Reaction score
dont freak out, everything will be ok, we'll figure it out. if it throws you back into the triangle exlcamation point screen, press the magnifying glass to reboot you into stock recovery, then apply your backup.

OP
A

andrew92

Reaction score
i looked at that link and it says in order to root i need to have android terminal emulator. the problem with that is i cant even get to any apps or such because i cant reboot past the load screen. I got to a bootloader screen when my phones connected to my laptop in order to try and root it again with the one click root method but everytime i try that it dosen't see that my phones connected. any suggetions on how to get to the reboot recovery screen?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
In Box 2 method 1 uses TE but lower in the box method 2 does not. You Dl a file from XDA etc.

OP
A

andrew92

Reaction score
the second method too requires me to have usb debugging enabled which i cant access. should i just still go about trying to root my phone using that program
EDIT: i tried to use the program in the second box and it still couldn't find my phone which is understandable since i cant get past the boot page to enable usb debugging... any suggestions? or is my phone out for good

trook

Reaction score
did you try pressing the magnifying glass? to reboot into stock recovery pull the battery,put it back in, hold X on the physical keyboard, then hold the power button until it gets to the boot screen (triangle ! screen),press the magnifying glass on the bottom right, use the volume up and down buttons to highlight selection,and camera button to select, go to backup restore and restore your backup

OP
A

andrew92

Reaction score
did you try pressing the magnifying glass? to reboot into stock recovery pull the battery,put it back in, hold X on the physical keyboard, then hold the power button until it gets to the boot screen (triangle ! screen),press the magnifying glass on the bottom right, use the volume up and down buttons to highlight selection,and camera button to select, go to backup restore and restore your backup

Thank you tried this and it worked. I had to do a factory reset but after i did that even the rom installed and i had root again! but however the only thing is how do I get my contacts and stuff back?

trook

Reaction score
oh no, I think when you log into google on your phone alot of your apps will come back, and your contacts, but unless you copied your contacts to gmail first, I'm not sure if they will! there are alot of people that had this problem and I'm not sure what they did but the posts are still here in this forum. if you get them all back, copy them into gmail, then never have to worry about your contacts.