Problems after update?

gdgnj

Reaction score
I just noticed that since I did the update my on-screen keyboard is in Spanish. If I swype it only suggests Spanish words. I have looked in the phone settings, text settings and handcent settings under language and English is selected under all 3 settings. I use the slide out keyboard more but I do like to swype sometimes but not in Spanish!
Any suggestions?

Loving the battery life now after the update. I thought it fixed my N button problem in the physical keyboard but that wasn't the case. If I can fix the language & N button issues this phone would be flawless.

adjacks86

Reaction score
I had the same problem. I just went into the swype settings and changed it back to english. Outside of that I don't know what could help you if that doesn't work.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Go to phone settings > keyboard and switch to another keyboard

Then go to settings > applications and force close swype and clear swype's data/cache

Then back to keyboard settings and toggle swypes's language setting back and forth a few times, leaving it on english when finished.

That should fix it. Your other swype settings may have been reset so you'll have to set them again.

Jackofalltrades

Reaction score
I noticed that too. Why would they do that? Anyway, above your 'Z' key on the swype keyboard, you'll notice it either has the letters 'ES' or 'EN'. 'ES' is espanol, 'EN' is english. Hold down the 'Z' key to switch between the two.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I noticed that too. Why would they do that? Anyway, above your 'Z' key on the swype keyboard, you'll notice it either has the letters 'ES' or 'EN'. 'ES' is espanol, 'EN' is english. Hold down the 'Z' key to switch between the two.

I doubt it was purposely done, more like an unintended consequence probably. If you clear its data and force close it, it defaults to Spanish, which can be changed in settings.

adjacks86

Reaction score
I doubt it was purposely done, more like an unintended consequence probably. If you clear its data and force close it, it defaults to Spanish, which can be changed in settings.

Yea, because when I use to get system updates on my droid 1 it would muck up all my ringtones I had set for family members.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
G

gdgnj

Reaction score
Thanks for the help everyone. NoBloatware got it, I did what you suggested and it looks like it fixed it. Thanks!