Problem with Sync, says it is "experiencing problems, back shortly"

daetripper

Reaction score
I noticed it first when my weather widget and Weather.com widget weren't updating and gave an error message when I tried to refresh them. I fooled around with location settings and with using Wi Fi and 3G; the sense weather widget now has my location back but it still won't update and when I go to sync in settings it is still giving that error message. any help is appreciated! thanks!

211SSW

Reaction score
I need to test whether another message is within Sync & finally turned sync off to test. However, the message about sync having problems has been consistent message since I got phone-new in early summer. It was replacement by Verizon after having bad phone prior so they were taking me out of my misery.
I've had this sync is experiencing problems for months.
For a period within that, I had gone through contacts & took on significant problem of duplicates out of contacts. That is solved although "groups" still requires some time.
Just wanted it known that some see that message over long period. If possible to avoid this, suggestions welcome. I will likely be off forums for awhile. Bye, S
Well, update on this shows no change as far as message being consistent as far as it being back shortly -no, there is no progress, in that I continue to get the messages.
However, next to my email addresses I see green circles but next to the sign with blue background & the letter "g" that I associate with Google, are red circles. Therefore, while the messages, "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." Is hardly correct as it's been there everyday since early summer of 2012. Backup Plus has never worked either. I wouldn't have gone that route - only because of the sync issue, I thought that might be an alternate that would function.
I have turned Sync off periodically with no improvement. I could benefit from knowledge as to how long it should be as a test with the turning off. I have done only quick cycles lately but in past the tests have been for days.

Last edited: