Problem with SMS and contacts

psuperman112

Reaction score
I just upgraded to a Droid pro from the original droid. My contacts have synced with my gmail, but I'm having an issue when composing text messages. Here is what is happening, I'm trying to text 'Carlos' (a contact in my contacts) so I go to compose a text message and start typing 'Carlos', the drop down menu starts narrowing down contacts with what I'm typing, but various of the options are just phone numbers numbers with no names on them, while others have a name and phone number below. So when I finish typing 'Carlos' two different phone numbers are in the drop down menu with no names attached to either of them, then when i select the one i know is right, 'carlos' shows up as the recipient in my text draft.

So my question is basically, how can i make the names show up with the numbers? The phone clearly knows that the number is attached to the contact, but it doesn't show it until i select the phone number, even though for most contacts it shows the name AND number.

google123

Reaction score
Have you tried factory resetting and re-adding your contacts?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I have the same problem with mine there is one contact that I have found that will say mobile all the rest are just numbers. I came from a Droid X not sure if that matters or not having the contacts coming from a different device. Wouldn't think it should matter though.