problem with sensitivity/keyboard...

detroi

Reaction score
I have had my Eris for a couple months now and I really enjoy it. However I am now running into a major problem but I'm not exactly sure how to describe it...

When I try to type the keyboard randomly closes or the cursor will skip to another place. Sometimes just the subtle movement of my hands triggers this. I even have issues with my subtle movements causing the screen to scroll or the green trackball cursor to move without my intentions.

The phone has never been dropped or damaged in any way. The text calibration thing didn't fix anything. While.trying to type this message, my keyboard closed 13 times. The problem occurs with all applications. It is now taking almost 2minutes to type a simple text!!

My username is an example of this error is progress. It randomly closed the box and submitted the incomplete prompt!

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Last edited:

mcgirl

Reaction score
@detroi http://www.droidforums.net/forum/members/58810.html I am having the same problem. i just got an Eris refurbished on eBay. I like except for the keyboard freakout. did you find any answers or solutions??? i had to use my pc to post this. i find myself texting thu AIM to aviod using my phones keyboard. its a buzzkill! :frown:

I am desperate for some answers. if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated!:heart:
Thanks

mcgirl

Reaction score
got it

prob has gone! i turned the phone off and took the battery out, put it back in, and turned the phone back on. works so much better. hope that i don't have to do this all* the time.

colleen mcguirk-clothing

lasswaffo

Reaction score
I hate to tell you guys but if your keyboard is jumping around it will keep doing it no matter how many times you reset it. I am On my third one and it is the track ball. I cant wait to get a need phone. I am very sorry the Eris is the worse phone I have ever had

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums