Love it (a lot) and hate it -- touchy keyboard and hard to edit text

ab8137

Reaction score
After 4 years with two Blackberry's, I decided to go upscale and purchased a Droid X. Have had it for 3 weeks -- 10 days left on the 30-day return period.

My absolutely favorite feature is the voice-to-text, which is awesom for short text msgs. Which brings me to my least favorite feather -- the touchscreen keyboard.

It takes me forever to compose a new email or a reply. The screen is so sensitive, I have to really slow down, or all sorts of random letters keep flying to the screen. And then, I find it very difficult to correct errors. The Delete key only eraaes letters to the left of the cursor, and there does not seem to be any way to delete letters to the right of the cursor.

And it seems impossible for me to precisely place the cursor where I want it with my finger.

I really like the X for many reasons and do not want to go to the 2, which would solve part of my keyboard problem. Anyone want to offer some advice?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum. Now if you had a D2 you'd have a physical keyboard and not have a lot of these issues. :)

I have a D2 and I never use the physical keyboard. It takes practice, but after a while you learn how to deal with the touch screen. I encourage you to keep working with it. Or try another keyboard, there are different apps available.

Do you really want to deal with the internet with a Blackberry? Lord knows how much time I wasted waiting for those things to download a page.

If you do go back to Blackberry don't feel bad. You wouldn't be the first and you won't be the last. Unfortunately Droid isn't for everyone.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try swype or smart keyboard...they work better than stock. Also turn haptic feedback on. That should help with any keyboard.

Sent from Tyler Perry's Row 11

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
:welcome: yup former BB user too. it does need some getting used too. but i love my D2G and would never go back to BB. Have fun!