Magnification of text

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Hey all. Been searching ever since I got the Droid 1 for an app or something that brought the magnification of the cursor between text to the Droid.(I have trouble explaining it but when you put your finger on text it magnifys the cursor so you can easily place it where you want to.) I just saw the other day that the X has it. Anyone know if this will be able to be ported over to the droid 1 like the droid x keyboard was? I hope so.:motdroidhoriz:

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Nothing? Well how about does this work well on the X. I saw it in a review of the X.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've only seen this on the iphone.

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Check out phonedog.com for the their review on the Droid X. There is 2 parts to the review and I believe he shows what I am talking about in part 1. I saw it and couldnt believe it. If that could be ported over to the droid it would be unbelievable. Let me know if you find what I am talking about in the review.

AzJazz

Reaction score
I'm looking for this, too. Texting on my wife's DX is much nicer with this feature.

Last edited:
OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Tell me about it. I tried it out at Verizon and its a pretty cool tool. Every time Im checking an email or text and find a mistake (which happens a ton lol) I wish us Droid 1ners had this. Especially when using sype.

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
I see the Droid 2 has this feature as well. Is this part of the os of the droid x and 2 or what? Can this feature be ported over like the keyboard was. By the way the multi touch keyboard from the Droid 2 is available now and works great on Froyo. However the keyboard does not have the feature. Im assuming its part of the messaging and email features of the Droid 2 and X?

AzJazz

Reaction score
I'm curious - Is anybody @ XDA investigating porting this text magnification functionality to the D1?

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
there is got to be a way to do this. I just want to know if its even possible. If I knew what I was doing I would try.

Bateluer

Reaction score
Could you do this with increasing the font size with Spare Parts, or are we talking about something different?

AzJazz

Reaction score
Could you do this with increasing the font size with Spare Parts, or are we talking about something different?

Something different.

When you are editing text in a text field on the DX, you see a red target appear in the text entry field. Tapping and holding the red target creates a pop-up bubble with magnified text and a fine-positioning cursor that allows you to precisely put the cursor anywhere in your text field.

The "text magnification" feature on the DX eliminates the need of using the slide-out keyboard when editing text. (Which is the only reason I use the keyboard now: to use the D-Pad for cursor positioning).

From what I have been told, this is exactly how the iPhone works.

AzJazz

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score

Deifferent. On the Droid X and 2 you can put your finger on text you have typed and a bubble pops up that magnifys your text so you can easily see where you are placing the cursor.