Problem with Playstore app

MTsang

Reaction score
Hi everyone, hope someone can give me some direction here. My play store app suddenly stop working on my S4, when I tap it, it tries to open but force close.
All other apps works fine except this one app "play store" cannot be open. I try shutdown and restart but that didnt help. Has anyone have any problems with apps cannot be open before? Any insight would be appreciated.

Mrricka81

Reaction score
Hi everyone, hope someone can give me some direction here. My play store app suddenly stop working on my S4, when I tap it, it tries to open but force close.
All other apps works fine except this one app "play store" cannot be open. I try shutdown and restart but that didnt help. Has anyone have any problems with apps cannot be open before? Any insight would be appreciated.

Open settings,

click the more tab (Top right)

click application manager

swipe from right to left till you get to ALL

find the Google play store in the list click on it

click the button that says clear data (Don't worry your apps won't go any where)

then launch the play store again

Last edited:
OP
M

MTsang

Reaction score
Thanks, I went through all that already, besides clear caches & data, I even try uninstalled all updates come out and restart. It just won't start.
So yesterday I took it to my local Verizon guy they did all the steps they could to trouble shoot still couldn't get it start.
He told me it could be my google play got corrupted by their recent update, it appear there are three people that have reported the same issues like mine. They suggest to factory reset so I did & thank god its working once again.
Thinking back, it really is the Google play update that screw things up. Guess I will read the feedback before I do any update.

Mrricka81

Reaction score
Google play should update on its own.

If you are talking about a OTA or system update that is something you would have to initiate

Maybe if you have the same problem again go to settings and remove the google account. Then add it back

Not sure why this fixes it but I've been down that road before and it worked for me.

OP
M

MTsang

Reaction score
Hmm...so let say if it happen again *knock on wood* can you show me the steps where can I go to remove google account & add it back again?
I pray to god it wont happen again.
Thanks

OP
M

MTsang

Reaction score
Just so you understand when I was having that issues with google play. I did go to setting and clear caches, data & even uninstall all google update. Google play seem to disappear because I couldn't find it in application manager.
After that, a message keep popping up asking me to please install google play but at the same time it wont let me. There's no way I can install or add. That was my main issue before I did the factory reset. Really hate going through the factory reset hassle. I cross my finger it wont happen again. Thx

Mrricka81

Reaction score
Hmm...so let say if it happen again *knock on wood* can you show me the steps where can I go to remove google account & add it back again?
I pray to god it wont happen again.
Thanks

To remove

ype7emyb.jpg

If you get any funny errors mesages (Hopefully not) knocking on wood Lol

can you take a screen shot

This is done by pressing the power key and the Home key at the same time

OP
M

MTsang

Reaction score
Yes I know how to take screenshot. Wow! Wish I had known to try that steps before I jump the gun to do factory reset! Very good info, thanks for the clear instructions. You must have a Samsung Note 2 very nice. If I get anymore funny messages I sure will look for you! *knocking on wood twice again** wink wink! Lol

Mrricka81

Reaction score
It sound to me like you disabled google play store under setting, app manager

ANDROID 4.2.2 GIVES YOU THE OPTION OF DISABLING SOME SYSTEM APPS LIKE

CITY ID, Slacker or Flipboard just to name a few

Also the app will be moved to the bottom of the list of apps A to Z Enabled then A to Z diabled

IF THAT WAS THE CASE ONCE A APP IS DISABLE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CLICK THE ENABE BUTTON TO GET IT WORKING AGAIN

It can be kind of confusing because the button says enable or disable

When the button says enable the app is disabled

When the button says disable the app is enabled

See my point :)

Probably all wrong but sometimes it's just that simple

Anyway glad it all working for you

Last edited: