Problem with my phone's microphone.

ZackAdr88

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xiaomi mi 8 Lite
Hey guys im new to this place :D
so for the past week im facing a problem with my microphone's phone , suddenly the audio quality changed and the quality is very bad .The weird thing is that my phone recieves audio from a hole on the top of my phone and not from the bottom where the microphone is located at. I restarted the phone couple of times didn't help and yeah i did all the basic stuff ( also cleaned the inside of the microphone with a tip ) but nothing helped.
I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with this. Thank you so much!
Of course i can give more info about the problem if you want to help!
( Phone is Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite )
Sorry for my bad English.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the Forum. Have you tried running the phone in Safe Mode and see if the issue is still there, or maybe doesn't happen in Safe Mode? On most Android phones you access safe mode by:

Press and hold the Power button.

Tap and hold Power Off.

When the Reboot to Safe Mode prompt appears, tap again or tap OK.

Safe Mode is a diagnostic tool that helps identify if Play Store apps are causing issues, since Play Store apps don't load in safe mode. In your case it could help determine if an app from the Play Store is causing problems, or if it's a hardware failure.

To exit Safe Mode just restart your phone and it will boot back up in regular mode.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OP
Z

ZackAdr88

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xiaomi mi 8 Lite
Hello and thank you so much for awnsering.
I did run my phone with safe mode on but the problem was still the same, so that means its a hardware failure?
Thanks.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I wouldn't say it's a 100% guarantee, but it would seem to be. Do you still have any warranty left from wherever you purchased the phone?

OP
Z

ZackAdr88

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xiaomi mi 8 Lite
Hello again. I found a fix!

So basically it was not a hardware problem it was the google voice assistant that was having problems with my phone, lot of xiaomi users have microphone issues when the "ok google" is on.
So i turned off the "ok google" voice assistant and it got fixed! The quality is now back to normal.
Thank you so much for helping me tho i really appreciate it , have a nice day!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Hello again. I found a fix!

So basically it was not a hardware problem it was the google voice assistant that was having problems with my phone, lot of xiaomi users have microphone issues when the "ok google" is on.
So i turned off the "ok google" voice assistant and it got fixed! The quality is now back to normal.
Thank you so much for helping me tho i really appreciate it , have a nice day!
Good deal.