Problem with Google Maps

kraigballa

Reaction score
I currently installed The Ultimate Droid 2.0.0 with Watermark'D 3.4 theme from UD 8 over to the new ROM (found here). I am trying to install Google Maps, and every time that I try after it downloads right before it installs I get the error "Installation Error: Unknown Reason -8"...what can I do?

I currently installed The Ultimate Droid 2.0.0 with Watermark'D 3.4 theme from UD 8 over to the new ROM (found here). I am trying to install Google Maps, and every time that I try after it downloads right before it installs I get the error "Installation Error: Unknown Reason -8"...what can I do?

Do you have a Titanaum Backup copy you could restore? Abesnt that, ROM manager has gapps in a couple of the d/l ROM sections, perhaps Google Maps is in one of those.

Worst case, maybe the theme is making Google Maps wonky - did the maps not install before the theme? Have you tried reflashing the ROM and d/l the maps? And if you can, then apply the theme.

You can delete maps from system apps using root explorer then reboot the phone and download from market. I have to do this with car home and sometimes maps when going to certain roms or themes.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Do you have a Titanaum Backup copy you could restore? Abesnt that, ROM manager has gapps in a couple of the d/l ROM sections, perhaps Google Maps is in one of those.

Worst case, maybe the theme is making Google Maps wonky - did the maps not install before the theme? Have you tried reflashing the ROM and d/l the maps? And if you can, then apply the theme.

I do have a copy using Titanium...I will have to try that this weekend, as I need my phone tomorrow and don't have the time to get to it tonight. I did try deleting maps in the system folder, and that didn't work

Thanks for your help guys.

Back