Problem Viewing Droid Forums on PC

Mmracing

Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems viewing the forums on their PC? Everything was fine till last night and now when I go to the forums there are no graphics. There is only a long list of HTML links on the left side of the screen. I'm running IE9 is that helps. Again, I have been visitors g these forms on this PC for a couple of years with no problems until last night.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Had the same issue the whole day yesterday from work and home, (yes i log in at work :p) but seems to be back to normal today.

Well, it's working fine now. I guess whatever it was fixed itself like yours did Chizzele.

Essentially, there are probably quite a few DNS servers out there that cached the bad data. That data needs to expire but unfortunately there's nothing I can do to force it to do so. And, I'm not sure what TTL GoDaddy put on it so I can't even tell you how long it will be. I would say 24 hours or less, worst case scenario.

Edit: A reboot sometimes helps as it can be your system that is also caching the old/bad values.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus

Yeah, I'm having the same problem right now. Looks like cr$p. Haven't tried my phone yet, but prefer to peruse on my pc at work (yes, work). Anything I can do to clear the cache problem? I rebooted my pc and no go.This issue is going to force me to get some work done.

For future reference, if you find that you want to clear your local cache of bad DNS entries, you can do it without restarting your system. On Windows systems, it's basically CMD button + r --> type ipconfig /flushdns .

More detailed instructions on other operating systems can be seen at http://www.whatsmydns.net/flush-dns.html. It likely won't solve this issue for some, but at least you will know how to do it without a restart. :beer:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Edit: Omitted a word.

Last edited:
And....it's doing it again. Fixed for most of yesterday, login today and it's back. The flushdns doesn't seem to have any kind of immediate impact. Very frustrating. Can't get my droidforums news. Argh.

And....it's doing it again. Fixed for most of yesterday, login today and it's back. The flushdns doesn't seem to have any kind of immediate impact. Very frustrating. Can't get my droidforums news. Argh.
Still not showing up correctly for you?

Back