Problem setting homepage & text not "fitting to screen"!

Steed77

Reaction score
Okay, here are my problems...

Setting homepage: I have go into my browser settings and selected 'general', then 'set homepage' and then I click on "current page". I am trying to make Yahoo my homepage. Then, after I close out of the web, I enter in again and what do I see...GOOGLE!!! Why can't I set my homepage to anything other than GOOGLE??? Help!!!

Fit to Screen: I have yet again, went into my browser settings under 'Advanced' and I have checked 'Auto Fit Pages'. But still, when I visit website(other forums) I have to scroll left and right to read instead of the page formatting to my screen. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any insight on this!

BTW, loving my New Galaxy so far, big change from my OG Droid!

OP
S

Steed77

Reaction score
Anyone with this problem...anyone??? :-(

pool_shark

Reaction score
I tested it. I set the home page to yahoo, backed out of the browser, went back in and google popped up.
I force closed the browser, opened it again, and yahoo was my home page.

As far as resizing, I can't help you other than to say use a different browser. I prefer Dolphin. Download the beta version from their blog, the beta version fixes the hang on ice cream sandwich.

OP
S

Steed77

Reaction score
I tested it. I set the home page to yahoo, backed out of the browser, went back in and google popped up.
I force closed the browser, opened it again, and yahoo was my home page.

As far as resizing, I can't help you other than to say use a different browser. I prefer Dolphin. Download the beta version from their blog, the beta version fixes the hang on ice cream sandwich.

Sorry for being a noob, but how do you force close the browser? I have killed it with Advanced Task Killer, but still does not work!

Dolphin is just a browser, not a launcher, right? I am using Go Launcher EX and I'd like to stick with it.

Thanks!

pool_shark

Reaction score
Sorry for being a noob, but how do you force close the browser? I have killed it with Advanced Task Killer, but still does not work!

Dolphin is just a browser, not a launcher, right? I am using Go Launcher EX and I'd like to stick with it.

Thanks!

Settings - apps - all, find browser, tap force close.

Yes, Dolphin HD is just a browser.
I use go launcher also. In case you didn't know, it has a setting that allows you to launch 2 apps by swiping the sceer up or down. I use swipe up to launch the camera, and swipe down to launch the phone.
The setting is in preferences, operation settings.

OP
S

Steed77

Reaction score
Settings - apps - all, find browser, tap force close.

Yes, Dolphin HD is just a browser.
I use go launcher also. In case you didn't know, it has a setting that allows you to launch 2 apps by swiping the sceer up or down. I use swipe up to launch the camera, and swipe down to launch the phone.
The setting is in preferences, operation settings.

Wow, that's pretty cool, thanks!

However, I followed directions for homepage and its still not working, weird. Guess I'll check out the dolphin browser.

Thank you!

OP
S

Steed77

Reaction score
Okay, I give up. Feel like google is forcing their page down my throat.

I downloaded Dolphin browser, set yahoo for my homepage and STILL GOOGLE comes up in front of my yahoo page on the second tab. WTH is going on? Google comes up with my stock preferences, even when changed. And now it comes up with dolphin? I must be missing something...

pool_shark

Reaction score
I don't know what else to tell you. Both browsers use the home page that I set.

OP
S

Steed77

Reaction score
I don't know what else to tell you. Both browsers use the home page that I set.

It's cool. I'm going to take it in tomorrow and see what Verizon thinks...even though most on here probably know more about the phone than they do, lol.

Thanks for the help!!!

pool_shark

Reaction score
It's cool. I'm going to take it in tomorrow and see what Verizon thinks...even though most on here probably know more about the phone than they do, lol.

Thanks for the help!!!

No problem. Good luck.

OP
S

Steed77

Reaction score
UPDATE:

Okay, so I went back to the "stock" launcher, set my homepage to yahoo...closed out...and now it works!!! BUT...when I went back to 'Go Launcher EX' I made the changes there as well and..BAM...right back to GOOGLE :-/ so I am halfway there! Not sure how that works.

OP
S

Steed77

Reaction score
Figured I'd bump this and see if anyone else is having issues setting homepage to Yahoo while using Go Launcher EX!