Problem Sending Email With Stock App Or K-9

iamloco724

Reaction score
i use aol mail

i mainly use k-9 but once i started having a problem i tried the stock app and it still happenes 95 percent of the time i can not send emails

for k-9 this is the error i get in the error log within the app

554- 554 AOL will not accept delivery of this message

com.android.email.mail.MessagingException: Unable to send message
at com.android.email.mail.transport.SmtpTransport.sendMessage(SmtpTransport.java:264)
at com.android.email.MessagingController.sendPendingMessagesSynchronous(MessagingController.java:2536)
at com.android.email.MessagingController$11.run(MessagingController.java:2466)
at com.android.email.MessagingController.run(MessagingController.java:312)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1096)
Caused by: com.android.email.mail.MessagingException: 554- 554 AOL will not
accept delivery of this message
at com.android.email.mail.transport.SmtpTransport.checkLine(SmtpTransport.java:336)
at com.android.email.mail.transport.SmtpTransport.executeSimpleCommand(SmtpTransport.java:350)
at com.android.email.mail.transport.SmtpTransport.sendMessage(SmtpTransport.java:262)
... 4 more

now when i tried the stock email app i dont get an error because they dont have a log within the app to check but it doesnt send mail within that so im assuming its the same error

JayMonster

Reaction score
A quick browse of Google shows this seems to happen quite frequently with AOL, though none of them offer a complete answer that I found.

One suggested that the only one's you can e-mail are from people on your AOL contact list, and that anything else will bounce.

Also check your Outgoing Mail Server settings. According to several of them AOL requires SMTP port 587 (as opposed to the standard port 25) for outgoing messages.

OP
I

iamloco724

Reaction score
thanks for the response..i have 587 set as outgoing

do you think this is something that will be worked on or am i just out of luck with this

JayMonster

Reaction score
It is not a problem with Android, or the Droid. I suggest you poke around some of the AOL forums or Google AOL and 554 Error and read some of the "fixes" out there, and try a few of them to see what works.

Either that, or set up your Gmail account to import your AOL mail instead and just read your AOL mail through Gmail instead.