Problem Sendind MMS with Handcent

Mmracing

Reaction score
Is anyone else having a problem with Handcent sending MMS (picture) messages? Or has this been reported?

I have tried several times to send an MMS message with a picture with no luck. SMS is sending fine.

OP
Mmracing

Mmracing

Reaction score
Guess I must be doing something wrong because it does not send pic (MMS) messages. I have deleted it and all is well using the Droid messaging. It's not flashy but does work.

noles200

Reaction score
I had two issues today.

1. Sent an SMS to my wife (responding to her message) and it went to a completely different number (not even close to her #).

2. My wife send an MMS to me and I never received it but the others that she sent it to did. When she got home she sent it to me (standing in the same room if that matters) and I got it. Two very strange issues using Handcent.

I love being able to dictate a text message and use the bubble (iPhone) type text pop ups and think it's a great app but if these things continue I may have to disable it for a bit to see if anything changes. BTW, this was one of the first apps I downloaded and never really used the original messaging that came with the phone.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Leave the bubbles behind. Convert to Android style. Then you can actually have a discussion.

Instead of "Hi! Bye! Hunnie I'm home!" All in bubbles.

Is anybody else having these glitches? I may have to convert back to default if I start to see any problems. Messaging on my phone is of the most upmost importance to me right now due to various circumstances. If Handcent glitched and sent the wrong message or blocked one from being received, I may be screwed.

Last edited:
OP
Mmracing

Mmracing

Reaction score
Update... I have been working with the Author of Handcent SMS and we found out that with wifi on I could not send MMS picture text. With wifi off everything is fine. He is working on a fix that I will test in the next couple of days.

AudioCow

Reaction score
Update... I have been working with the Author of Handcent SMS and we found out that with wifi on I could not send MMS picture text. With wifi off everything is fine. He is working on a fix that I will test in the next couple of days.

I had this problem a couple nights ago, and this makes perfect since. I was home so I had wifi on.