Problem Pairing With Altima

garyll

Reaction score
Ok this could be a problem...I paired my new Droid to my Altima Coupe, which has built-in bluetooth. Never had a problem with my Blackberry but the Droid comes out scratchy and distorted on the car speaker. I deleted it and paired it again but same thing happened. Has any else had a similar problem? I'm wondering if it's just a bad Droid or it's a problem with the phone software connecting with the Altima.

mjs31

Reaction score
Verified what you had. Crackling and stuttery. Glad I don't use my in car bluetooth

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok this could be a problem...I paired my new Droid to my Altima Coupe, which has built-in bluetooth. Never had a problem with my Blackberry but the Droid comes out scratchy and distorted on the car speaker. I deleted it and paired it again but same thing happened. Has any else had a similar problem? I'm wondering if it's just a bad Droid or it's a problem with the phone software connecting with the Altima.

FWIW. I work for/with BMW. There are times the car needs an update to it's bluetooth file (in BMW's case) to allow a new model to work correctly. While bluetooh is generally universal. I find with cars that isn't always good. Sometimes there is compatibility issues.

The update is a "firmware" update for our TCU. Hope that helps

Stigy

Reaction score
I have a Pioneer Avic D3 aftermark radio and mine is loud and clear.

Did anyone get their phonebook to transfer though? I click transfer phonebook and the connection to the radio just dies...

OP
G

garyll

Reaction score

FWIW. I work for/with BMW. There are times the car needs an update to it's bluetooth file (in BMW's case) to allow a new model to work correctly. While bluetooh is generally universal. I find with cars that isn't always good. Sometimes there is compatibility issues.

Thanks for the info....I do use the bluetooth a lot (it's one of the reasons I bought the Altima) so I really hope it can get fixed...guess I'll try contacting Nissan to see if there will be an update.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the info....I do use the bluetooth a lot (it's one of the reasons I bought the Altima) so I really hope it can get fixed...guess I'll try contacting Nissan to see if there will be an update.

Keep in mind thier tech dept may have just gotten the files too (apple is famous for that) so be patient with them. I know it sucks but sometimes it's difficult for the automaker to have all the updates current. especially since they can't push an upgrade to you car :). Glad i can help

mjs31

Reaction score

Please keep us updated especially me :)

OP
G

garyll

Reaction score
ok found a temporary fix for the Altima. Make the call and then hit the handset button on the phone. Then hit the phone button on the steering wheel. VOILA! Call is clear as a bell. A tad inconvenient but at least it works until they come up with a patch.