Problem moving icons to open locations

rvmeush

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
I have a Droid Maxx running Android 4.4.4 and using the MotLauncher. I have just lost the ability to move app icons to arbitrary locations on the screen. If I move an icon to an open space on a screen, it pops back to its previous location. If I try to move an icon to a place occupied by another icon, it will move to that location and move the other icon somewhere else.

I tried using another launcher and moving icons works, but then when I return to the MotLauncher it will work properly for a few times but then it stops working again.

I was wondering if others had this issue and could suggest a fix.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm not familiar with MotLauncher, but I know that some third-party launchers give you the ability to lock icons in place on your homescreen. Is there a chance you've accidentally changed a settings that might lock everything in place?

OP
R

rvmeush

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
MotLauncher is the default launcher that seems to come with the Droid phones. I looked for some setting that would restrict icon movement but I can't seem to find any.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I've never seen that issue before. Have you tried to clear the app data or cache? Clearing the app data of the launcher will delete all shortcuts!!