Problem Going to 4.5.602

c_m_chance

Reaction score
Alright, so I was trying to install the update to get to 4.5.602 and I've run into a bit of a problem and could use some help here. I installed .340 to get back to Froyo to ensure that I got the correct radio update. However, I'm in a boot loop after the .340 installed and I can't seem to get the phone either to boot into Froyo and can't seem to do a recovery. :eek:/ Any suggestions? I'd rather not do a factory reset cus...damn...that's a **** load of stuff I have to load back and set up.

OP
c_m_chance

c_m_chance

Reaction score
Ok. Well I've done that.

I've also already rooted, did a back up with Droid 2 bootstrapper (this is a Droid X though) and have applied the .602 update from the SD card. It says it had installed, but when I try and reboot, it gets stuck on the Red Motorola logo screen.

Any suggestions from here? lol

OP
c_m_chance

c_m_chance

Reaction score
Ok, here's an update. When I try and reinstall the .zip of .602, it aborts with the error:

updating BP ...
assert failed: motorola.update_cdma_bp("/tmp/rdl.bin","/tmp/bp.img")
E:Error in /sdcard/teamblackhat/602-Odexed-AIO.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

????

OP
c_m_chance

c_m_chance

Reaction score
Ok. So I SBFd back to 2.3.340. Then I went ahead and redownloaded the Monster 2.3.340 from the TBH app as well as the .602 update from the app. Installed the Monster 2.3.340 from the SD card - went fine and I was able to reboot the phone without any problems. Bootstrapped, went back into Reboot Recovery, and installed the .602 zip file from the SD card. This time, it didn't give me an error or anything. However, when I reboot now, it goes into the bootloader. I don't know how to get it to stop doing this.

In the bootloader screen, in the top left corner under the Bootloader 30.04 it says: "Err: A5,69,35,00,27"

I also can start the phone into reboot recovery. It still goes straight to the Bootloader.

Last edited:
OP
c_m_chance

c_m_chance

Reaction score
Holy balls...this has been the worst update I've ever tried to date! I have once again SBFd back to Froyo, redownloaded the TBH files, reapplied the .602 zip, without it saying any errors, and when I go to reboot, it is stuck on the red motorolla logo. What. The. F*&K?

milski65

Reaction score
I've not installed it yet, but are you manually mounting everything that the instructions say? You can't just flash this immediately from d2.

OP
c_m_chance

c_m_chance

Reaction score
Ya. I'm doing as the instructions say. I just found a thread on android forums of a bunch of guys that have been having the same problem with it. They've declared that there was a bug in the code and P3 possibly didn't actually check it before he uploaded it lol

milski65

Reaction score
I've not seen that mentioned. What I have read is that it's a very specific process. You're using the tbh app and d2 bootstrapper? Once in recovery going to mounts, format system, then data, then cache in that order? Then while still in mounts mount system, then go back and choose zip from sd card and proceed to flash, then go back and reboot? I'm just running through the order that I've read people have said have worked. Maybe you can try to reinstall the tbh app.

cuebask

Reaction score
This is what I've done to get the radio and stay with my preferred set up. I followed these instruct from Andriod Forum.

1. SBF to Froyo .340.
2. Once up and running install Z4root and reboot BEFORE you open Z4Root (rebooting before you open is a must or Z4 will NOT work)
3. After reboot make sure usb debugging is on, then open Z4Root and select permanent root. Let Z4 do its thing and when done your Droid X will automatically reboot.
4. Once booted back up install Droid 2 bootstrap. Open bootstrap and boot into recovery.
5. Once in recovery go to mounts.
6. Once in mounts format system, format data, format cache in that order.
7. After completing #6 while still in mounts next mount system.
8. Go back and choose install zip from SD card.
9. Scroll to where ever you have 4.5.602 and select it.
10. Once complete just reboot and set up your Droid X and you should be good to go.

Once I booted up and confirmed .602 was up and running I restored my original set up by:

Booting into recovery wipe/data/cha/dalv all over again then:
1. I flashed Shuji Rom
2. Flashed Blur camera zip from Apex
3. Flashed dark frost theme
4. Flashed dark market
5. Flashed Styg dark themed sywpe
6. Flashed custom boot logo I made
7. Rebooted and crossed fingers!

Once up and running, booted back into recovery and "advance restore" my data from the back up I made before starting this adventure.

Now I'm back the way I wanted to be with new radio! All is good. I don't realu care If I'm back on .596 I just wanted the radio. Time to charge battery.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
c_m_chance

c_m_chance

Reaction score
I'm gonna go ahead and try one more time and reformat everything in order other than the SD card. Hopefully it'll work this 4th time around. If not, I'm just gonna wait until a better version is out for it (not to mention I'd rather have DeOdex'd anyway).