Problem flashing roms from clockworkmod

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
well now im in a bit of trouble it seems... i flashed the codename rom... and now i says " unfortunately , verizon log in has stoped" so now i cant login to my gmail or anything!! damn.. now what?

Did you flash Gapps?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wipe data/cache and reinstall ROM. Then install the Gapps in the OP of Codename's thread

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using Tapatalk

doublea500

Reaction score
i remember this trick from the og droid. take the rom out of a folder. then try it:D

OP
mattym320

mattym320

Reaction score
Well....kind of....and kind of not. Yes I do blame you for not paying more attention to what you were doing....but at the same time....education comes at a price...and you are lucky enough to avoid the larger of them.:blink:

Check this thread out.

OverClocking and Volting

Now I know that the post you see is regarding Kernels, but it also addresses radio's towards the bottom...along with links to a couple options for you. What I am getting at is this will a) give you links to relevent things for you to do should you flash a ROM...most ROM's out there are 4.0.3 ROM's so it is a good idea to have a Kernel and radio to go with it....b) give you an idea of how to research what you are looking at and considering flashing.

What I mean is you must seek out a few things....for you it is LTE or CDMA....NOT GSM...and Galaxy Nexus...not Nexus S, Nexus One, or whatever.....another thing is try to stick around 4.0.3

Best piece of advice here....until you are comfortable with your skills...just ask....say something like..."I am considering flashing XYZ ROM with 123 Kernel...see any issues with this?" You should get a lot of info off of just that.

• some might tell you of troubles they are having with that exact set up
  • reasons they switched
  • reasons it's good
  • steps to do it that you didn't know...or made it easier
  • or why it wont work....preventing you from making a mistake

Trust me after a few of those you will start to know how to recognize a lot much quicker than right now.

But yes...the reason of my "harshness" was I think this is a great time to learn the lesson and at the minimal cost of a brief moment of humiliation....vs $600+...and the humiliation :blink:

I don't know everything....but I use the $@#! out of my phone...am a flash-oholic, and have learned what to avoid and how to avoid it.

Just trying to help you get there too ;)

Cheers mate for the honest post

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cheers mate for the honest post

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Honestly I am here to help....and I am willing to help you or anyone else at any given time. But I also believe that things said too softly don't get the message across sometimes.:wacko:

MrKleen

Reaction score
Just go to rom sections for the cdma galaxy nexus and only flash those roms.

You can't flash roms from other phones.

Try the rootzwiki cdma galaxy nexus section.

doublea500

Reaction score
heres a small guide ill make right now to flashing. with practice comes knowledge, you will get better since its not too hard.

1. download wugs thing to use to set up the sdk and drivers! this is incase something goes wrong and you need to recover back to stock. make sure the drivers are correct and you tested it with adb devices in the command line.

2. if you are not rooted i suggest the toolkit on xda. worked very well for me. use it to unlock, root, and get cwm.

3. in cwm, first thing to do is to make a backup!! super important. make sure not to skip this step.

4. download a rom to your phone (gapps if needed)

5. clear data/factory reset in cwm

6. flash the zip.

7 reboot once you login.

things to note. Always Always read op instructions! some roms include gapps and others dont and actually have a different version of gapps. make sure the rom is for cdma galaxy nexus (if you got it straight from vzw, this is the one you should have). try avoiding experimental ones since the gnexus is still in its first month or so of development. with kernels, do not worry about it as of yet, make sure once again to get the stable ones. i use lean kernel.